Bug when using “W” or “Control-Enter” ?

Home English Bug when using “W” or “Control-Enter” ?

Blackbat 2022-07-27 14:57:09
2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Please could Drew/Will confirm if this behaviour is as expected?

I can add a cue to the timeline by pressing the “i” key. This creates a single blank cue in the script window, highlighted in yellow. If I then change the position selected in the design window by mouse clicking on a new position then the new cue in the script window is no longer highlighted. At this point if I add an effect to the position/cue by clicking a preview image in the effect window then the effect is added to the new blank cue. If however, rather than clicking on the image in the effect window and instead use “W” or “Control-Enter” to add the effect, then a new cue is created and I am left with a blank cue. Over the course of designing a large display I usually end up with a number of blank cues and end up having to go through and delete them afterwards. it would be great if W and Control-Enter add an effect to the new cue in the same way that clicking on the effect image does.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Blackbat, thanks for posting. The first step is complete, I reproduced the behavior your described. I don’t think we are intentionally preserving the empty cue markers when “W” or “Ctrl+Enter” are used to insert an effect. I’ll take this down on our development list as an improvement but I can’t say when we’ll get to it. In the meantime, you can sort the script by clicking on the various column headers. This will bring all the empty cues to the top or bottom of the script, making them easy to find and mass-delete (as opposed to hunting through the script and deleting them individually). There’s also no harm in leaving the empty cues behind, they are ignored when exporting firing system scripts.

Blackbat
    Newcomer
    Many thanks for the feedback Drew. I look forward to it being improved at some point in the future and in the meantime I’ll continue to do what you suggest, sorting and deleting all the empty cues from the end of the script 🙂

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Good news, pressing ‘W’ and ‘Ctrl+Enter’ to insert an effect will now fill an empty cue (just like clicking on an effect thumbnail). The fix just hit the website in the form of a new beta release. You can get it by going to finale3d.com/download. On the download page, be sure to grab the latest BETA RELEASE instead of the latest full release.