Cake effects breaking early

Home English Cake effects breaking early

Pyro_191720000 2024-01-22 17:07:43
2 voices
1 reply
  • Author
    Newcomer
    I am currently adjusting the visualization of cakes, certain effects break before hitting it’s aperture. Is there certain wording in the VDL description I should be using to stop this?

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Pyro_191720000, welcome to the Finale 3D forum! Be sure to head over to your My Profile page to customize the display name and picture for your public profile.

In Finale 3D, prefire and burst height are a function of shell size. The defaults cause aerial effects to burst just before they reach apogee to mirror the performance of real-life effects. This is especially true with smaller caliber such as cake shots. At the same time, if you have an effect that is bursting much too early in its trajectory, the parameters that you can adjust in VDL are prefire and height. To get a shell to burst closer to its apogee, make sure you are using the correct prefire and height. If you are confident that all the values you are using are correct, post a link for a video of the real-world item and the VDL you’re using in Finale 3D so we can get a better understanding of what’s going on.