Effects list: which effects are mising in “My effect lists”

Home English Effects list: which effects are mising in “My effect lists”

Hamex 2022-02-09 06:48:59
3 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hi, I open an old show. Some items are not awailable any more and I deleted them from “My effects”. But in script of old show they are still existing. How to exclude effects that are in the script but not in My effects?

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Hamex, you can see the list of effects in any show by going to drop-down list in the Effects window and switching to ‘Per-show effects’. You would like Finale 3D to tell you which effects in ‘Per-show effects’ are not in your ‘My Effects’ collection, is that correct? If so, there is not an automated feature for that specific task at the moment. One method would be to copy the part numbers from your ‘My Effects’ collection and ‘Per-show effects’ to Excel and do a comparison there.

Hamex
    Newcomer
    Thank you Drew. Yes, now I compare screens:

but I thought there is some trick I didn’t know. The problem is that the product is not visible in “My effects”, but it appears on all reports.So you don’t see any red warning field (used : awailable) as missing item. Perhaps a challenge for the future?

Dirk Enders – PyroOffice
    Charcoal
    Hi Alex,

maybe you could create and excel sheet with two columns . The first column contains  the Part Number . You can easily create it with copy and paste from your “MY Effects” in excel. Than add a second column named quantity. Put an value greater 0 in this column (of cour you could als set it to the real amount you have available).

Then use the Import function File -> Import – Import effect quotas. Unhide the quota column for effect windows. Now you can sort / filter in the per show effects for effects that have no quota !

Hope this is not to complicated and helps

Hope to see you again some time this year !

Dirk