Exporting Firing System to Cobra 5.0X or 5.1X Question

Home English Exporting Firing System to Cobra 5.0X or 5.1X Question

MyThreeSonsPyro 2023-04-07 02:11:52
3 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Does it matter what is selected (5.0 or 5.1) when exporting to Cobra version 5?  The remote is 5.1 but the mods are 5.0.  Thanks – J

DrewFinale
    Silver
    There are some subtle but important differences between Cobra firmware v5.0 and v5.1. Given that your remote and modules are not running the same version, I’m not sure which script version is correct, and I don’t want to give you advice that could jeopardize your show. To be certain you choose the best version, my advice is to confirm with the Cobra support team.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Adding to my last post, I did quick search in the Cobra support portal and I found and FAQ titled:

“Does my firmware version need to match between the 18R2 and other devices?”

Which says: “In order for your COBRA Firing System to work correctly, the firmware version on your 18R2 must match the firmware on your firing modules and other COBRA equipment like the Audio Box.”

Additionally, the compatibility chart on Firmware Versions and Hardware Compatibility shows that a remote running 5.0 is compatible with modules 5.0, and a remote running 5.1 is compatible with modules running 5.1. In other words, it seems as though it’s not recommended to have a remote running 5.1 and modules running 5.0.

Pyro_12380000, feel free to jump in!

COBRA_Zach
    Newcomer
    Hey Zach from COBRA here. As Drew mentioned, you need to ensure your firing modules and remote are on the same base version. A base version is the first two numbers of a firmware version; the last number is a bug fix release and can differ from hardware to hardware. So, if you have 5.1.3 on your 18R2, you should have 5.1.1 on your 18Ms. If you are running 5.0.2 on your modules, you should have 5.0.2/5 on your 18R2.

In regards to firmware, you can use a 5.1 firmware file on a 5.0 system, with some caveats. Because you are using it on firmware that doesn’t support some features, you need to ensure your script file isn’t using any 5.1 specific script attributes or features like custom script file names. So as a whole, it’s best to export your script for the firmware on your system, as this will ensure there are no errors when importing. Feel free to reach out to our support at help@cobrafiringsystems.com for any non-Finale COBRA related support.