Generic CSV Script Export

Home English Generic CSV Script Export

Pyromaster 2023-07-05 03:30:20
2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Dear All

I have this persistent problem. I like creating shows in Finale. Then I export them as generic CSV to further process them in excel for my firing system, In Finale I group shots firing from the same rack into one cue so as to limit the amount of used channels. However when I export the file in generic csv these are ungrouped again into single shots using the same channel and I have to stay regrouping them. Is there a way so that groups are maintained when doing the generic export. Thanks in advance.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Pyro_57510000, welcome to the Finale 3D forum and thanks for posting! Be sure to head over to your My Profile page to customize your display name and profile picture.

The Finale Generic CSV export format is designed include all the rows in Script window. Even if some rows are visually combined in Finale 3D to represent Groups or Chains, the exported CSV file will always include every script row. If you only need to export one script row per rail/pin address, then a different export may be better. Here are a couple options:

Option 1) Address your show using the CSV firing system and then export the CSV firing script file by going to ‘File > Export > Export firing system script…’

Option 2) If you have the Pro version of Finale 3D, you can create a custom report from the Script window to include exactly the columns that you need and combine rows of script that are part of the same Group, Chain, or any other criteria you like.

Pyromaster
    Newcomer
    Thanks. The only way that worked for what I needed is using the export function on the blue gear wheel of the script window.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Yes, nice job. If you don’t have Finale 3D Pro and therefore can’t make a custom report, the ‘Export table’ option in the Script window > blue gear menu is a good option. It preserves the row consolidation that’s active in the Script window and gives you the option to export just the visible columns, or all columns.  Note: the ‘Export table’ option is not available in Finale 3D Lite.