Help with Angles!

Home English Help with Angles!

Walker Pyrotechnics 2022-03-04 22:54:29
2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Charcoal
    I have a template with 9 front positions and I am attempting to put in comets. However, the angles are all wrong. When they should be at Zero, they are clearly angled by 5 degrees, thus throwing everything off. I have tried re-creating the positions and nothing is working to make this correct. Before I drive myself crazy, what am I doing wrong? Also, this seems only to be my front positions, as my other positions are centered fine. Any help?

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi PyroWalker, when you say all the angles are wrong, could it be visual distortion, like a “fish-eye” lens effect? It’s normal for effects that are the far left and right side of the Design window to angle inward somewhat on account of the perspective in the 3D environment. If you don’t think this is what you’re seeing, take a screenshot and post it here so we can see exactly what you’re seeing on your end.

Walker Pyrotechnics
    Charcoal
    In the screen shot below, you can see the position in the middle is at Zero Degrees and is straight. The left comet that appears straight is actually at -5 degrees and the other one is at Zero.

If this is a Fish-Eye effect, how can I turn it off or fix this for my scripting? It is going to drive my OCD insane (and is taking the fun out of this process, honestly).

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi PyroWalker, don’t give up! I don’t think this is the fish-eye effect because you have two items being launched from the left position that are clearly at different angles. If the fish-eye effect were to blame, everything on the left side of the screen (that is set a 0 degrees) would appear to angle in slightly. To figure out what’s going on, I need to take a closer look. Please send your show (.fin) file to support@finale3d.com. The show is likely too large to attach to an email, if that’s the case then you can send using WeTransfer.com.