How to rename a (new) effects collection file in the Effects screen of Finale3D?

Home English How to rename a (new) effects collection file in the Effects screen of Finale3D?

Rick 2024-03-02 18:18:24
2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    I just created a NEW effects collection file and it appears in the drop down list as “Unnamed effects file.”  I would like to change the name of it.

I’m creating a new show and have fireworks left over from a previous show in my PHYSICAL inventory.  And I would like to separate those out from others I do not yet own.

Thank you,

Rick

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Rick, “unnamed” indicates that your FDB effect file hasn’t been saved. To save it and give a name, go to File > Effect files > Save.

FDB effect files are stored offline on computer. The name listed in Finale 3D is the same as the filename of the FDB file on your computer’s hard drive. If you want to change the name later, just go to the folder where the FDB file is stored and rename it.

Check out: https://finale3d.com/video/how-to-store-your-effects-offline-using-fdb-effect-files/

Rick
    Newcomer
    AWESOME!  Success!  I watched most all your video and was pretty sure I remembered seeing it in there somewhere – and about having to save it.  Just couldn’t recall which video it was in.  It’s a lot to learn – the nature of a big, flexible software with lots of options.  Complex = Flexible vs. Simple = Inflexible.  I like having options.  Thanks Drew.  See you at CobraCon ’24