Multiple shots on 1 cue

Home English Multiple shots on 1 cue

Superior Pyro, Sevierville, TN 2022-06-20 19:08:34
3 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    I have a show where I need to double up shells assigned to 1 cue (cobra based).  If I manually enter the values for those cues, when I address the show, it breaks them back out and assigns them to a new module which I can’t have.

I’m sure there is a way to do this but I haven’t found it yet.  Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Mark

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Mark,

In the ‘Address Show’ dialog, set the ‘Max. e-matches per pin’ setting to a number higher than 1. For example, if you want to allow 2 e-matches to be on the same pin (i.e. cue), change the number to 2, etc. Once you do this, Finale 3D will automatically put qualifying items on the same pin, up to the max. that you specify.

Superior Pyro, Sevierville, TN
    Newcomer
    Drew, pls see below

Superior Pyro, Sevierville, TN
    Newcomer
    Drew,I have another question for you:  Is there a way to end a module at less than 18?  For example if I have 12 salute chains on module 21 and 18 color chains on module 22, how can I stop finale from adding cues to module 21 to “fill it up”?

Also, I changed the max. ematch per pin to 3, but the addressing is still off.  Not sure why, but even if I manually fix it, addressing with multiple match per cue reverts to exactly how it was when it was set to 1???

Thank you again.

MP

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Mark, the answer depends on which version of Finale 3D you are running. In Lite, you can limit the number of pins used by limiting the items you add to a position and then restricting each module to a single position when addressing. For example, if you have a position with just 12 salute chains and nothing else, then a single module will be assigned to that position and only 12 pins will be used. The other option in Lite would be to manually hand-key in the addresses you want. In the Hobbyist version, you can take further with more options to constrain modules and selectively lock and unlock addresses. For example, you can restrict each module to a single part number, this would give you the desired result. In Pro, there are many more options, my favorite way to achieve this is by dragging and dropping racks in to two separate clusters (one for salute chains and one for color chains), and then restricting each module to a single rack cluster.

To see how max. e-matches per pin works, start small. Open a new blank show and add two of the same effect on the same position at the same time. Next, address the show with a max. of 1 e-match per pin. You will see that the first item gets rail 1 pin 1 and the second item gets rail 1 pin 2. Now address the show again and change the max. to 2. Now you will see that both items are assigned rail 1, pin 1. Build up from there…

It’s also worth noting that any manual addressing you do isn’t taken into account whatsoever when you then do ‘Addressing > Address show…’ In other words, when you address your show, the slate is wiped clean, anything you have typed in the rail and pin columns is completely and utterly blown away.

Gilv58
    Newcomer
    I like “completely and utterly blown away.”. Sounds ominous.