Problem with addressing.

Home English Problem with addressing.

Pyro_138300000 2023-06-30 17:31:49
3 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    I have 240 mongoose cues in my show, with 4 of them being fireballs, so I understand they might not show on the Ematches.

When I assign addresses The numbers come out wrong.

Used Modules – 5 (Correct)

Used Pins: 230; unused pins: 10, should be every pin.

Ematches: 226, should show 236 if the fireballs arent counted.

I have it set to 1 ematch per pin, what could I be doing wrong?

Dirk Enders – PyroOffice
    Charcoal
    Hi,

welcome to the forum. You can change your name to a more meaningful one in the profile.

It is hard from here to say if something is wrong or what will be wrong, because it depends of all the different addressing settings.

A first step could be to sort the script for Rail and than Pin adress to see why and where pins are missing or if adresses are duplicated.

From the summary i see it looks like that some effects are chained , so you should check that also

Dirk

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Pyro_138300000, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Be sure to head over to your My Profile page to update your display name and profile picture.

Even though this issue was already resolved offline, I wanted to add some info here for the benefit any user who ends up in a similar situation in the future.

If you run into a situation where an event in your script doesn’t get a rail/pin (i.e., module/cue) address when your address your show, or you find something missing on a report or on your labels, there’s a good chance that something is amiss with the “Type” for one or more of your effects. Here are some examples:

1) Lines of script with a blank “Type” are not addressed or included in the e-match count.

If you have empty cues in your show, they will be represented as rows in the Script window, but the Type column will be blank. As a result, the empty cues won’t be given a rail/pin addresses and they won’t be included in the e-match count. Empty cues are also typically not included in exported script files.

2) Effects with a “Type” set to “flame” are not included in the e-match count.

Some values for “Type” don’t receive a rail/pin address and/or aren’t included in the e-match count. For example, items in a show with the Type set to “flame” won’t be included in the e-match count because the “flame” Type is reserved for flame shots from a flame machine (that don’t require individual e-matches. If your show includes liquid fuel mines or fireballs that require e-matches, change the Type for the effect to “ground” in the Effects window (and the Script window will be updated automatically).

3) Effects with “light”, “sfx”, or “flame” in the “Type” column do not get labels.

“light”, “sfx”, and “flame” effects are not included when generating labels.  The reason is because these effect types are meant for DMX fixtures, which, unlike individually wired pyro effects, don’t need individual effect labels. For example, if your show contains 100 hits from a single flame machine, you wouldn’t want to print 100 labels.

4) Effects with “light”, “sfx”, or “flame” in the “Type” are not included on product reports.

“light”, “sfx”, and “flame” effects are not included on product lists and pull sheet reports. The reason is because these effect types are meant for DMX fixtures, which aren’t pulled and prepared the same way as individual pyro effects. If your show does contain DMX fixtures such as lights, flames or sparks, look for the report titled “DMX Fixture Setup”.

Type also dictates other important aspects of effects. To learn more about Type, check out Why is ‘Type’ so important? What depends on it?