Random but synchronized break orientations? RA57207 VDL

Home English Random but synchronized break orientations? RA57207 VDL

CKx707 2024-01-07 14:23:12
2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hi all – Below is the VDL I’ve created to sim Racoon’s Migraine (single shot for now). The effects are pretty close but I am curious if there is a way to link the orientation of the ring with the horsetail but allow them to be randomized together. I see that I can hard code the orientation of both in the effect editor to get them aligned but then each shot would be identical.

Any options for this?

VDL = 2.5″ 65.0m Red Ring w/ Brocade Ear

Thanks,

-Chris

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Chris, great question. By default (with the effect represented by VDL), the orientation of the Ring and Ear will always be the same with respect to each other, and the shell as a whole will have a random orientation.

If you go into the effect editor, you can change the orientation of the Ring or Ear independently in each effect’s ‘break’ node. When you do this, the two effect will continue to have the same orientation with respect to each other as long as the have the same ‘random-group-id’. And, the overall shell will continue to have a random orientation as long as ‘randomize-break-orientation’ remains enabled.

CKx707
    Newcomer
    Thanks Drew, that makes sense, smart design. For some reason it looked like they were randomized relative to each other but I must have misinterpreted what I was seeing.

Thanks again for setting me straight.

-Chris