Sweep and Slice Question

Home English Sweep and Slice Question

Walker Pyrotechnics 2022-08-16 00:42:00
2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Charcoal
    I am scripting using the Dominator and some other Pro catalogs. I have some c-shape sweeps (can be fused 3 ways), but the effect is written left or right. Is there a way to change this effect to start from the middle without having to redesign the effect?

Thanks!

DrewFinale
    Silver
    If a cake fires L to R by default and would like it to fire in the opposite direction, you can just go to ‘Script > Angles > Rotate cakes 180 degrees’.

If a cake fires L to R by default and you would like it to fire from the center out, you will need to make a small change to the VDL. Before making any changes, I recommend making a copy of the effect, so you don’t lose the original L to E effect.

Below is the full description for a 13 shot slice that fires L to R. “FNR” at the end indicates the firing pattern is left to right. To make the cake fire from the center out, all you have to do is change “FNR” to “CTO”. For a full list of patterns, see Table 1 in Firing patterns for cake and slice rows.

30mm 1.20s 13 Shot 100 Degrees (a) 45.0 HTM Silver Comet w/ Red Strobing Mine Cake, 1 Row (aaaaaaaaaaaaa/FNR)

P.S We added a new feature to the effect window based on your feedback. You can right-click on an effect and select ‘Copy visual description (full VDL)’. This copies all the effect parameters to your clipboard so you can paste it into an email or here on the forum to share with other users. I used this feature to share the full cake VDL above 🙂

Walker Pyrotechnics
    Charcoal
    Thank you Drew! How can I update the latest version? I thought I downloaded and did the install, but I am not seeing this feature or some of the other features that have been talked about on these boards.

Edit: Disregard the above question about updating. I had to get the Beta version to get the upgrades.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Yep, the last full release was in February. We’re in the final stages of testing and on the cusp of another full release, but still in beta at this moment.