Touchscreen monitor

Home English Touchscreen monitor

CASEY LAKE 2024-01-10 02:34:55
2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Does anyone have any experience using a touchscreen monitor in finale3d? If so. Are there any pros or cons to using one? I have been contemplating getting one but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on using one.

thanks

Neil
    Newcomer

I’ve used Finale 3D with a touchscreen before and it suffers from the same problems nearly any natively-desktop user interface suffers from. It’s not ideal but everything is usable (of course, like it would be with regular keyboard/mouse input, just not specifically optimized for touchscreens). It’s difficult to do anything with high precision when using a touchscreen (examples: adjusting column widths in the various Finale 3D windows, dragging events on the timeline, etc). Similar problems exist when using a touchpad or trackpad, but to a lesser extent.

Years ago, I bought a touchscreen laptop for portability reasons and the convenience of having a cool touchscreen, but it didn’t take long for the novelty to wear off and for me to regret letting that factor weigh as heavily as it did in my purchasing decision. It’s great for some basic things, but for precision control like you probably want in Finale 3D, I would not recommend going out of your way to use a touchscreen.

If you can, maybe try one out for some actual work like this and see what you think before making a significant purchase decision. You might find that it’s just not as useful as you’d hoped (like me). You might also find that you love it for some other reason(s) (they can be great for simple things like watching videos, etc), but I think it’s unlikely that you’ll find it to be a great tool for Finale 3D.

CASEY LAKE
    Newcomer
    Thank you for the info. I had the same thoughts on usability. I have always seen them and have been curious to see if they were actually usable or just a novelty like you said. I may have access to try one out so I’ll have to see if it works for anything I am doing!!