VDL for a 44mm Ricasa single-shot “Lightning” effect

Home English VDL for a 44mm Ricasa single-shot “Lightning” effect

PyroDad 2022-05-04 21:07:35
2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hi fellow addicts,

How would you simulate the Ricasa 44mm “Red|Green|Yellow|White Lightning” single-shot effect with VDL? I’ve been trying all kind of options without getting close.

Starting at 1:04 or so.

Thanks.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi PyroDad, for this kind of effect, VDL (typing descriptive words) isn’t the best option. To get a good sim, a better approach is to use the effect editor. The steps would be to create a basic effect, add it to your collection, then right click on it and select ‘Customize this effect simulation’s parameters…’. This opens the effect editor which allows essentially infinite customization and a degree of control that’s just not possible using VDL terms.

Alternatively, you don’t need to create a sim at all, because Ricasa already has a supplier catalog in Finale 3D with over 20,000 effects. You can add the catalog to your account by going to File > Catalogs of effects…

PyroDad
    Newcomer
    Thanks Drew. I enabled the Ricasa catalog. However, I found an error in one of their effects. That is part number 044020294 44 MM WHITE W/RED TIP MOTORS MINE. The effects flies to 80m but should fly to 40m. What would be the best process to report this to Ricasa? Also, if you have any tips on how to do a quick fix for this effect, that would be greatly appreciated. I tried to study the effect parameters but could not find a cause for the wrong height.