Weird Per Show Effects Inventory Bud

Home English Weird Per Show Effects Inventory Bud

Amngibson 2023-03-18 00:32:01
2 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hi All, I got a weird situation where i have a product being used in my show, but its showing up as “0” in the Per-Show Effects window. See attached screenshot for details. Any idea how to correct this?

Amngibson
    Newcomer
    DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Amngibson, the screenshot is helpful, but we really need to have your show file to troubleshoot the issue. Please send your show FIN file to support@finale3d.com. Before sending, do File > Save as to make a copy of your show, then do Music > Delete all songs. This will make your show file small enough to easily send as an email attachment. Just be sure to save a copy of your show before deleting the music to avoid losing any work.

Amngibson
    Newcomer
    Sent! Thanks Drew!

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Amngibson, thanks for the screenshot and FIN file. The 0 Used value is the result of a combination of a user setting and a value you have in the ‘Devices’ column for this product. The user setting is ‘Chains count as one in Used and Quantity columns’. This means that if you add a chain of 10 shells to a show, the Used column will show 1 instead of 10.

The Devices column stores the number of devices on a chain and must be 1 if the item is not a chain. The product you’re having and issue with is an individual shell, not a chain, which means the Devices value needs to be 1. Because the value is 72, and you have 15 in the show, Finale 3D thinks you have 15/72 of a chain.

To fix the problem, all you need to do is change the Devices value for 3CP106 in the Effect window to 1 and you’ll immediately see the Used quantity change to 15.  For a complete list of the Effect window columns and descriptions of what goes in each column, visit https://finale3d.com/documentation/effects-table-columns

Amngibson
    Newcomer
    Fantastic. Thanks for the quick response Drew. I would have never figure that out. These are not chains and not sure what I did wrong in my inventory import file to make them load up as a chain, but I’m glad you identified the issue!