Will Finale 3D use raytracing RTX cards ?

Home English Will Finale 3D use raytracing RTX cards ?

Pyro_88720000 2023-01-24 09:47:31
2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hi,

I would like to know if Finale 3D already use raytracing ? Is it planed in a near futur ?

As I would by a new computer, I would like to know how revelant will be to chip it with a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti card.

What do you think about it ?

Thanks for advices you can provide.

Dustin Leary
    Newcomer
    Hello,

Finale3D does not make use of any special raytracing features, and probably will not use them soon.  If we did, we would have to make a separate code path just for raytracing GPUs, and since most GPUs do not support raytracing, this would mean that most of our users would not benefit from the development.

So, we don’t use the special raytracing features of these new cards.  If you are planning on running only Finale3D, then I would not spend extra money on getting a GPU with raytracing features.

However, the raytracing GPUs are of course very good “normal” GPUs as well.  And Finale3D will use the “normal” GPU functionality.

TL;DR:  Treat Finale3D like a non-raytracing game when you’re choosing a GPU to buy.

Pyro_88720000
    Newcomer
    thank you for that clear answer ! Understanding the huge development it requires and the raytracing market position.
    I hope one day we could play pyro with raytracing and see as it truly is : the most powerful and sensitive way to light up an environment.

thanks again for the complete answer !