Bug – Mine particles increase in velocity after converting to cake …

Home English Bug – Mine particles increase in velocity after converting to cake …

George Tasick 2022-10-09 12:14:56
2 voices
1 reply
  • Author
    Newcomer
    The bug I’m running into happens while trying to create a consumer product, a cake in this case.

I start by creating and then arranging my effects for the first row, then I convert that row into it own “cake” so I can easily replicate and reposition that row wherever it repeats in the product.

The photos below show the timeline and the result of the simulation, which is the correct and intended effect of a low-level mine effect under the primary aerial effect.

Photo of mine effect in cake slice before combining into full cake.

Timeline of separated cake.

However, when I combine the 6 rows into a single cake (making a cake out of cake slices), the velocity of the stars in the mine effect increases dramatically, propelling the mines to the same height as the primary aerial effect.

You can compare the above and below images.

I think the problem has to do with the fact that I made a cake within a cake (a “cakeception” if you will). However, there’s no more effective way to organize a cake than what I’ve done here. Tubes are arranged into rows, rows are organized into a cake. This is the most common method for organizing and communicating a cake design to the factory.

It’s also important that I make cake slices instead of just groups, because it’s helpful to have cake slices saved as as an effect in the effects pane. Easy to reuse later in other products.

Additionally, simply grouping effects causes a problem when trying to reposition on the timeline using the Script pane. See that bug report here … https://finale3d.com/groups/english/forum/topic/bug-relative-position-of-effects-in-a-group-when-setting-event-time/#post-1294460

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi George Tasick, thanks for the report, this is definitely a bug. Send me a minimal test case (MTC) show file with your slice on the timeline.