Changing from Metric to Imperial measurements?

Home English Changing from Metric to Imperial measurements?

Rick 2023-12-23 01:02:20
3 voices
4 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    I know, I know, the U.S. adopted the metric system in the 1970’s.  I’m still a pre-70’er and would like the field (and other measurements) in feet and inches (or yards).

I’ve looked around but find no help button, search bar, etc.  So, I just need someone to tell me how.

Thanks,

Rick

NEC
    Newcomer
    Rick
    Newcomer
    Perfect!!  Wow!  You make it look so easy.  I guess it is.  I just couldn’t find it.

Thank you NEC

So, I just discovered another similar issue maybe you (or someone) can help me with:

In the Inventory Window (that contains the list of firework products to choose from), the “Height” column header shows no indication of the measure unit being used.  However, the number range would seem also to indicate meters since they are so small, e.g.- 68.0, 49.0 – all less than 100.

Hoping that after I closed and reopened Finale3D, they too would update.  But, no.  How can I change this to feet also?

Thanks again,

Rick

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Rick, welcome to the Finale 3D forum! The title of the height column in the Effects window is ‘Height Meters’. This is the giveaway that it’s always meters. Sorry, there’s no way to change it. If you want to enter values directly into the column, they need to be in meters. However, you do NOT need to enter meters if you adjust your effects by right clicking on them and selecting ‘Edit this item (VDL)’. in the ‘Edit Effect’ dialog, you can enter feet (such as 250ft or 250′) and it will automatically be converted to meters.

Rick
    Newcomer
    Thanks Drew.  I understand.  Meters only, no feet.