Cobra Error 5 when loading Finale3d Export

Home English Cobra Error 5 when loading Finale3d Export

PAJ06A 2022-05-30 16:34:42
3 voices
4 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Good afternoon fellow Pyros –

I’m using Finale3d for the first time and just finalized this years show in the tool.

However upon addressing the show, exporting the csv file, and then loading it on my 18r2 controller, I receive Error 5.

“5 – Events found with no script header row – Remove the event row that contains no script header row or add a script header row above the events.”

I have not edited the CSV and I’m downloading the file directly from Finale3d and directly into the controller.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phillip

Eric G
    Newcomer
    Not had that error before.

Check list:

1. Re address show.  You might have added a cake or shell and forgot to re-address the show.  This would leave the event “orphaned”, with no module/pin.

2. When exporting selected cobra w/correct 18r2 Firmware version?

Have you examined the CSV file to see what row might be the issue?

Eric

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi PAJ06A and Eric G,

Try loading the script one more time and watch very closely for the first error message. I suspect you will see Error 26 flash once before Error 5 is repeatedly displayed. If so, then the problem is “Audio Box file name too long”, and the solution is to shorten your Audio Box filename in the Finale 3D export options dialog before exporting your script. For more error info, check out the COBRA Error Code Reference Guide.

Cobra is a little inconsistent about Audio Box filename length limitations in their documentation. I have worked with Zach on testing this an found that the actual limits are as follows:

• v5.0.X – 12 characters including the .mp3

• v5.1.X – 45 characters including the .mp3

• v6.0.X – 31 characters including the .mp3

Additionally, the Audio Box filename is limited to letters, numbers, “-” (hyphen), “_” (underscore), and ” ” (space). No other characters are permitted.

PAJ06A
    Newcomer
    Thanks everyone for the advice – I’ve been traveling, but I’m testing out the recommendations tonight.

I will let everyone know what I find.

PAJ06A
    Newcomer
    Thanks everyone for the help. I was able to get the error corrected and the show working!

It turned out to be the audiobox filename.