DMX effects showing up as fireworks.

Home English DMX effects showing up as fireworks.

FireRaven 2022-06-08 04:36:12
3 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Screen shot of Cobra 36 par light All of the DMX effects are showing as gerbs or just lift, and when you select “move in black” it just shows a gerb at 90 degrees? I think I’m just missing a setting or something…

Thanks

Raven,

Eric G
    Newcomer
    They are still working on the DMX Fixture visualizations…  I believe if you are using the latest BETA version you can change the VDL to display PAR, Spotlight, etc., plus you can use descriptors, like “Dim”, “Bright”, “Very Bright”…  For example here is the VDL for a par light set to display green:  “Bright Green Par Light”, with the Effect Type set to “LIGHT”.

FireRaven
    Newcomer
    I downloaded the beta and now it is showing it as DMX, it was kind of hard to script when all I saw is just lift sparks:) Now time to test the flame machines!! Thanks, a lot.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Eric G is exactly right. The catalog effects have been updated but we haven’t quite launched the next full release of Finale 3D. To see the new light simulations, all you have to do is get the latest BETA release from https://finale3d.com/download.