editing the part # in per show effects

Home English editing the part # in per show effects

Erie pyro 2022-02-28 14:43:48
3 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Is there a way to edit the part # in the per show effects? I updated the numbers in my effects and tried to manually do it in per show effects but it would not let me.

Simon Svensson
    Newcomer
    I would just search for the partnumber in the show and replace with the “new” effect. (Select new effect window, and select all of the old in the script window and press Y)

Will
    Newcomer
    The part number field is editable in the per-show effects table, but since the part number field is the key for effect rows it is not possible to have two rows with the same part numbers.  That may explain why the part number appeared to be not editable in the table.

Bear in mind, the script rows contain part numbers that are references to the rows in the per-show effects table, so if you change a part number in the per-show effects table manually, the script rows referencing the old value will no longer match up.  So you have to change them too.

You can also manually copy/paste a row or rows from the My Effects table or any of the other effects collections into the per-show effects, subject to the constraint that part numbers in the per-show effects table must be unique.