Feature Request – Preview effect inside “Edit Effect VDL” dialog

Home English Feature Request – Preview effect inside “Edit Effect VDL” dialog

PyroBunny 2023-06-23 05:59:32
3 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Feature Request – Preview effect inside “Edit Effect VDL” dialog

It would be nice to be able to preview the VDL effect inside the VDL editor, instead of having to “Enter”, add the effect to your show, and hit play. I want to be able to add a keyword, remove a keyword, change a value, etc. and be able to play the changes immediately instead of having to exit the dialog.

Barehm
    Newcomer
    great idea

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi PyroBunny and Barehm, you can preview effects in real-time as you type VDL using the Effect Editor. The Effect editor is a powerful tool for creating “custom” effects that can’t be creating by typing words (VDL). But the effect editor can also be used to create standard VDL effects. The main limitation you may bump into with the Effect Editor is that you can only edit individual effects, not cakes or chains. This means you can make cake shots or shells in the editor, and then you just have to combine them into a cake or chain as a second step.

To open an effect in the Effect Editor, right click on it and select ‘Edit in effect editor’. If you don’t see that option, you’re probably running an older release of Finale 3D. In that case, look for ‘Customize this effect simulation’s parameters’.

PyroBunny
    Newcomer
    I opened “create effect” and entered:

Bright Comet w/ Whistles

Then I selected the effect and “Edit in effect editor”

I hit playback in effect editor and it’s completely silent? I see the trail but no sound. The editor shows a “sound whistle” node.

It would be nice to be able to preview the entire effect as a cake instead of being limited to individual effects.