Feedback/wishes on new Google Maps (beta) dialog & Site Layout Diagrams

Home English Feedback/wishes on new Google Maps (beta) dialog & Site Layout Diagrams

Ulf Werner 2022-10-12 19:47:36
3 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    i like the new function. As it is in beta maybe you want to consider the below input for further improvements:

1)
    Would be great to be able to rotate GoogleMap before we add the ground. With this in addition the default camera presets (Front, Top, Side) could still make sense considering the audience perspective.

2)

Maybe we can add an option to add an compass rose to the print out of the site layout diagram, of course under considering the heading rotation mentioned in point 1.

3)

In shows with an bigger amount of positions i wish to have a possibility to colorize them. (position arrow in editing & rack window & diagram print out)

This could be work through an input field in a column in the position window. This way we can make tight site layouts with an big amount of positions(e. g. 100 and more) more readable for the crew. This way you can show your crew logic position dependencies. For example a front of 20 single shot positions should have one color. The Shells which are shooting from 5 Position could get another color and so on. Also the Safety Distance optionally drawn in the site layout should consider this color.

4)

Also a option to print out distance rulers between defined positions would help to give the crew helpful setup information. The actual grid gives you an idea but not the right detail to setup on an exact way onsite.

5)

An option where the print out of site layout draw the whole circle of the Safety Distance on each Position would be great. With the option to colorize the radius as mentioned in point 3 you be able to recognize a bit better which positions exactly is responsible for a part of the safety zone.

6)

Finally it would great to be able to style the rack window optic with all the same options as we can do it in the print our of the site layout diagram.

Thanks for reading……. KR

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Thanks for the great feedback, here are some quick replies:

1) Google Map rotation – sorry, we understand the benefits but unfortunately that feature is out of scope for the current project

2) Show compass on site layout – YES, coming very soon

3) Custom colors for positions and circles – YES, coming very soon. You will be able to specify colors on a per-position basis using the position ‘Diagram Data’ field

4) Options for rules – Yes, coming very soon

5) Do you mean that if multiple circles overlap, you want an option to draw the full circumference of each circle and not trim the overlapping regions?

6) Most options and adjustments will be visible in the real-time site layout view of the racks window, but there are a few exceptions. For example, the text sizes can be adjusted for reports, but they don’t change in the real-time window. A good workaround to see how your report will look is to generate a diagram once from the File menu, then after making changes as needed, then press Ctrl+Shift+B to instantly generate the same report. You can repeat this process of making an adjustment then pressing Ctrl+Shift+B over and over until you get the diagram exactly to your liking.

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    Thanks for your answer Drew.

Just few hours of my post you uploaded new beta which already covered the most of my ideas. Great for that.

I saw also the new Diagram Data Field. Waiting for instructions how to use ist.

For Point 5 you understand my wish totally right.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Yes, of course, we’ll publish a documentation article with the syntax for the Diagram Data field of the Position window once the project is finished. Regarding showing the full circumference of each circle with no trimming – I discussed it with the team, and I don’t anticipate that option will be available for now. If we get a chorus of requests, it might be something we can add in the future.

Bruce A
    Newcomer
    I have a question/comments about the Site Layout diagram printout.

If I set the Origin to the primary spectator viewing point, this allows me to set the position distances and orientations relative to the spectators. However, when printing the site layout, the resultant report centers the diagram on this origin. This is not ideal as there is then a significant part of the report that is irrelevant to the positions or the diagrams–essentially, the area behind the spectators. It would be helpful to be able to adjust the origin’s placement on the report.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hey Bruce A, no problem! Go to ‘Create or edit diagram template’ from the blue gear in the Racks window to change the center point for your site layout.