Importing Audio Issue

Home English Importing Audio Issue

Curtis B 2023-12-02 18:50:48
3 voices
4 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    I have created a .WAV file in Audacity and for some reason, Finale 3D doesn’t seem to want to import it into the timeline. I was also having trouble deleting the song to fix the “popping” issue but it wasn’t deleting. I JUST bought Lite and am wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall or should that even be a factor?

Just trying to figure out how to fix my issue.

EDIT: I fixed my issue… if you are reading this due to having the same issue, make sure your WAV file is set at 44.1Khz Rate and 16 bit processing, otherwise Finale might have issues with loading the file.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hey Curtis, congrats on picking up a Lite license. Nice job, you’re exactly right, Finale 3D is a little finicky about the sample rate of WAV files. This is something we plan to improve in the future. In the meantime, to ensure compatibility, stick to WAV files with 44,100Hz sample rate and 16-bit depth.

You also mentioned a “popping” sound issue. This is a know issue with some MP3s (see MP3 audio issues). But you shouldn’t have this issue with WAV files. Are you sure you had this issue with a WAV file?

Deleting your audio in Finale 3D Lite should be as easy as going to the ‘Show’ menu and selecting ‘Delete songs’ (Music menu in Hobbyist and Pro). Did you find the menu item and it didn’t work, or were you just having trouble finding it?

There shouldn’t be any need to reinstall.

Curtis B
    Newcomer
    Hey Drew, thanks!

The popping was ONLY with the mp3 file, not the WAV file (although it does sometimes make a “pop” sound when I hit play).

I was using the menu item, but I’m not sure why it wasn’t working. Now that I have the music file loaded and it is playing properly, no need to delete.

I could see if I can recreate the issue if you want though.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Curtis,

At your convenience, I’m very interested to know if you can recreate a state where a song can’t be deleted in Finale 3D Lite. If you’re successful in adding a song that can’t be deleted, save the show and send the FIN file to support@finale3d.com. Thank you.

Pyro_174170000
    Newcomer
    It may be worth making another topic to state this on, but this is a common thing I’ve seen finale users talk about. I’m pretty sure we narrowed it down to the creation of the audio file itself in a daw. If the timeline goes from empty space into your track, you will likely experience the ‘pop’ when the audio starts in Finale. I could give the technical, audio reason for anyone interested, but I won’t bore the rest. The solution, if you want empty space at the beginning of your track is to use the ‘insert silence’ feature of your daw and blend that into the start of your track.