Issues with importing Google Maps

Home English Issues with importing Google Maps

NEC 2023-04-25 12:49:54
3 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    <cross posted from Facebook group>

Is anyone else having issues with the ‘Set ground to Google map’ option ? Started a new show this AM and went to set the ground image and get nothing. No google map box, nothing. Additionally, once I try to use this option nothing else works. I can click on top menu bar options but nothing responds. It’s not fully hung up, just cannot do anything as if it’s waiting for input on the map option that I cannot provide. The only way I can recover is to kill off Finale in task manager and reopen.

Additional info:
    Been using Finale Pro on this laptop for 2+ years with no issues, updates are limited to security and critical only and are not automatic
    License is current and activated on this system
    This issue just started and I can recreate on the current full release (4-13-4580cd02a) and tried rolling back to the previous beta (4-110c7bdbd874) with same issue
    Interestingly, shows that I have imported a map into still load the map properly. They were created on the same system.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Thanks for the great report. We are investigating this issue and will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Pyro_123390000
    Newcomer
    I have exactly the same problem, I managed to find that it is a conflict between windows 11, Finale and Google Maps.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Pyro_123390000, welcome to the forum! How did you determine that the problem is a conflict between Windows 11, Finale, and Google Maps? Did you find a solution?

With the help of NEC, I found that the problem is a set of bad position coordinates saved in the per_user_settings.txt file. Here are the steps to fix the issue:

1) Launch Finale 3D and login
    2) Go to File > Admin > Open backup files directory
    3) Completely close Finale 3D
    4) In the backup files directory, open the per_user_settings.txt file

5) Press Ctrl+F and search for Google to locate the window placement for the Google Maps dialog

https://finale-blobcas.s3.amazonaws.com/forumTopicImage/606226e74edc2e773a75b7f8126512a2b27636e6f1be0ced3d094c6666a0353e

6) Change the position coordinates for the Google Maps dialog to [0 0]

7) Save and close the per_user_settings.txt file

8) Launch Finale 3D and try adding a Google Map again