Limit number of cues per time cell

Home English Limit number of cues per time cell

Mum Pyrotechnics 2024-06-19 22:15:34
3 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Is there a way to put it into a blueprint to not allow two cues to fire on the same mod at exactly the same time?  Our old firing system doesn’t allow two cues to fire together so we always have to manually space multiple cues about .05s apart.  Visually no one can tell the difference but its a pain in the ass to implement.  Can this be done with some kind of rule?

We are using a multi system universe and the cobras can handle it, but the old system can’t.

Mum Pyrotechnics
    Newcomer
    So no comments at all then……?

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hey Mum Pyrotechnics, I was initially thinking that you could use Insert minimum separation from the Script menu but I did a quick test and unfortunately it’s not designed to separate events with identical times. We might be able to enhance it to handle simultaneous events in the future. The addressing algorithm doesn’t have the ability to modify time values so that’s not an option either. For built-in firing systems that have this kind of limitation, the timing adjustments are made when the firing script is exported. For a custom firing system, I know it’s no fun but I think you’ll have to make the adjustments manually.

Dirk Enders – PyroOffice
    Charcoal
    Hi Mum,

i don’t know if i understand the problem with the firing system correctly, but how about setting up the maximum number of ematches in the addressing (dialoug or blueprint). Than effects with the same ignition time are wired on the same pin in your firing system. All you have to do than, ist to wire these effects in a line !

Does that help ?

Dirk