PyroJam Catalogue

Home English PyroJam Catalogue

Sean 2022-01-05 17:13:32
12 voices
51 replies
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hi all. Was wondering if in the Pyrojam catalogue alongside gerbs and fountains, are there any flash pots. The type I am looking for are 1 burst photo flash, ideally coloured.

Cheers !

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Pyro_5430000, check out the items circled in the screenshot below.

PyroJam Flash Pots

Tim Jameson, feel free to jump in here, anything I missed?

Sean
    Newcomer
    DrewFinale  Are those really $4.50 a pop ? Wow…

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Sean, I’m not sure about the price. Let me bring in Tim Jameson, his company IPC is producing PyroJam and providing the products so he will be able to confirm the price.

Tim, can you confirm the price on the flash pots?

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

DrewFinale Are those really $4.50 a pop ? Wow…

Hello Pyro_5430000, for the purposes of the competition, yes, those items are $4.50 each.  Sorry for the delayed response, but I didn’t have my email notifications checked and yesterday was crazy busy for me.

Dirk Enders – PyroOffice
    Charcoal

Hi Jim

a lot of my customers are asking if it is allowed to set the front position to a different hight to make use of some special effects like the kind of sun that is the catalog.

Dirk

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Dirk Enders – PyroOffice, jumping in for Tim here. Slightly elevated firing positions can be used for effects that require it. For example, the “Sun” effect requires a slightly elevated firing position, as shown in the screenshot below. However, elevated firing positions should not be used for other types of effects that can be fired from the ground. For example, elevated firing positions should not be used for comets, mines, strobes, gerbs, flares, etc.

Pyro_72350000
    Newcomer
    Is there a way to get the strobe pots to flash more like a real strobe? Any changes I can make in the VDL?

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Pyro_72350000 When it comes to strobe pots, the short answer is no, there is nothing you can do in VDL to make them look better. We know they look bad and we’re working on a big project to improve effect sims across the board. We’ll release better strobe pot sims as soon as possible.

Also, if you’re working on a competition show for PyroJam, please be sure not modify the catalog effects. If you think a catalog item has a broken sim, let us know and we’ll into it right away.

Pyro_2580000
    Newcomer
    Hello, is it possible that the description of the articles IPC25-SFC-F and IPC3-SFC-21 is wrong ;-)?

Best regards

Johannes

Denis Morozov
    Newcomer
    Good afternoon, the number of products is limited ?? for example, a blue comet 100 pieces! Is it possible to cut cakes – for example, a cake works for 10 seconds and I need 5

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hello, is it possible that the description of the articles IPC25-SFC-F and IPC3-SFC-21 is wrong ;-)?

Best regards

Johannes

Hi Pyro_2580000, Those chains are dark salute chains. They are listed as “Custom Peony” due to the shipping issues with shipping salutes out of china. Each salute has a handful of “dark comp” stars in them so they could be classified as a “color shell” under China regulations but actually have no color in the break itself. We then labeled them “Custom Peony” so we could differentiate on our end once we received them. It’s sad this is what things have come to in the world of China manufacturing but we have to play the game I guess 🙂 The simulation in the catalog is accurate for these items.

DrewFinale
    Silver

Good afternoon, the number of products is limited ?? for example, a blue comet 100 pieces! Is it possible to cut cakes – for example, a cake works for 10 seconds and I need 5

Hi Denis Morozov, The quantity of each product is limited to the amount shown in the “Available” column. This values are based on the real-life fireworks inventory that has been set aside for the competition. I completely understand the desire to modify cakes and other effects to produce the best possible show. However, for this competition, please use the products as they are presented in the catalog. Please do not break apart cakes or cut pre-made chains.

Rovira
    Newcomer
    I’ve been working on the Pyrojam competition for the last days. I’m wondering if there is a limit of cues per show.

I designed the show to be not too complex, and working on it being realistic. I’m not sure if this is one of the points jury will consider, but I guess it will be somewhow.  I’m worried about it being too complex in terms of cues and angles.

I gotta say Im quite impressed about the range of effects Pyrojam provided, full of different single shots, shells and ground effects to choose.. Im surprised there are no chain of candels (not sure how its called in english) btw

I’ll try my best to do a nice, consistant and enjoyable show 🙂

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Pyro_38860000, great questions! There are NO firing system or cue count limitations. The angle restrictions are minimal and they are listed in the table within the “Show Site Layout” section on the competition page. Here is a link to the competition page: https://finale3d.com/contests/pyrojam-2022/

The primary limitation is the product budget, which cannot exceed $20,000. As you add products to your show from the PyroJam catalog, the total amount should be listed in the lower-right corner of the Finale 3D Design window. The other limitation is the product inventory quantities, which are shown in the “Available” column when viewing the PyroJam Competition catalog in Finale 3D.

The best three shows will be selected based on the “Judging Criteria” listed on the PyroJam competition page.

On the subject of candles, believe me, if they competition sponsor had them available, they would be in the catalog! Please bring some from Spain when you come to PyroJam!

Rovira
    Newcomer

Hi Dirk Enders – PyroOffice, jumping in for Tim here. Slightly elevated firing positions can be used for effects that require it. For example, the “Sun” effect requires a slightly elevated firing position, as shown in the screenshot below. However, elevated firing positions should not be used for other types of effects that can be fired from the ground. For example, elevated firing positions should not be used for comets, mines, strobes, gerbs, flares, etc.

Then if I want to use a “Sun” effect should I create another line of multiple positions close to the original  “close-prox” group and then elevate them or should I elevate the 19  ground firing positions given?

About the “Sun effect”: it looks like its a 50 sec effect but it  appears on the timeline, when placed, as a very shot effect, less than 1 sec. the line of the effect is super short, not 50 sec.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Rovira, if you want to use the Sun effect, you can create some additional positions that are slightly elevated. As for the duration of the sun effect, I just added PFS050 “Set Piece – 50 Sec Gold Sun w/ Blue” to the timeline and I can’t reproduce the issue you mentioned. See screenshot below.

Rovira
    Newcomer
    This is how short my effect is shown, much less than a second. On the render screen the effect appears for 50 secons anyway.

sun

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Rovira, this is very strange. Can you go to Help > About Finale 3D… and tell me what “Finale 3D build ID” you are running?

Rovira
    Newcomer

This is what I have:

“Finale 3D build ID” : 2021.11.17-64adbec3c

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)