PyroJam 2022 Competition Scores & Judging Feedback

Home English PyroJam 2022 Competition Scores & Judging Feedback

DrewFinale 2022-02-09 19:30:10
3 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    Silver

First, once again we would like to thank everyone who expressed interest or participated in the inaugural PyroJam Finale 3D Design Competition.

With the virtual portion of the competition in the history books, a number of competitors have asked about seeing their scores from the judges, or seeing an overall ranking of the shows. These are great questions and we have the utmost admiration for the dedication and passion of our fellow pyros. If the roles were reversed, we would be asking the very same questions!

To all competitors, we do not plan to release an overall ranking of the show submissions. We feel that doing so would not accurately reflect the quality of the shows or be in the spirit of the competition. But, anyone who would like to receive the judges’ critique for their show can contact Tim Jameson (timj@pyrojamusa.com). Due to the massive response, we just ask you to be patient in regards to a reply. Tim promises to respond to everyone, it may just take some time.

We want everyone to know that the judges take their role very seriously. As members of the professional fireworks community, they know the amount of time and effort required to design shows of this caliber. The judging team collectively spent over a hundred hours to reach their verdict and it was not easy. Like any other art form, judging a fireworks show objectively is almost impossible. Even with a precise scoring system, the emotional response and extent to which a show resonates will be different. Judging is also a privilege and it was certainly a privilege to see so many excellent shows. Thank you for being a member of the Finale 3D community, keep up the great work and see you on May 28th at PyroJam!

Pyro_77310000
    Newcomer
    Good afternoon:

First of all, my most sincere congratulations to the three qualifiers from the PHILIPPINES, TURKEY AND GERMANY.

I just wanted to know where it ended up since it’s the first time I’ve made a pyromusical with the FINALE 3D program.

I am a pyrotechnics worker, I am not dedicated to design, but I think that although I have not come very far I have had a lot of fun and without hesitation I will participate again, of course without being able to do anything against the great designers.

It is said that you will never go to bed without knowing something new, because I know within my possibilities to make a pyromusical, as an apprentice.

Thank you very much for this opportunity you gave me.

All the best

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi Pyro_77310000, reach out to Tim Jameson by email (timj@pyrojamusa.com), he will give you some insights on your show.

pyro_france
    Newcomer
    Bonjour,

Je suis dans la même situation que Pyro_77310000 .

Première fois que j’utilise Final 3D, et d’ailleurs logiciel au top.

J’ai envoyé un mail à Tim Jameson pour avoir mes notes et les avis

Pyro_77310000
    Newcomer
    a mi no me ha revisado el proyecto, solo me interesaria saber si voy bien encaminado o no.

DrewFinale
    Silver

a mi no me ha revisado el proyecto, solo me interesaria saber si voy bien encaminado o no.

Did you send an email to timj@pyrojamusa.com asking for feedback on your show? I know Tim is very diligent about responding to each and every feedback request he receives so if you already emailed him and you didn’t get a reply please try to reach him again.