Rack assignment with multiple conditions

Home English Rack assignment with multiple conditions

NEC 2023-09-26 16:31:25
2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Assigning racks with multiple conditions, is it possible without manually adding racks and drag-n-drop?

EX: 50MM single shot (any) at zero degrees to one rack type, 50MM single shot at <> zero degrees to a different rack type

TIA

J

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi NEC,

You can match effects with racks using “Rack Type”. For example, if you have some single shots that require rack ABC, and other single shots that require rack XYZ, go to the effects window and enter ABC in the ‘Rack Type Default’ column for the ABC rack, and XYZ in the ‘Rack Type Default’ column for the XYZ racks. Next, for the events in your script, enter either ABC or XYZ as needed in the ‘Rack Type’ column. Then, when you do ‘Racks > Add racks for show’, Finale 3D will automatically add the appropriate number of each rack. Finally, when you do Address Show, Finale 3D will only load your single shots into racks of the matching ‘Rack Type’. This functionality is available in Hobbyist and Pro.

Check out this example of Using ‘Rack Type’ to pair fanned shells or fanned chains with fan racks. Although this example is for shells, not single shots, the principle is the same. In other words, when you have items, like single shots, that could otherwise go in any single shot rack, you can pair them with a specific kind of rack using ‘Rack Type’.

NEC
    Newcomer
    HI Drew!

Was good seeing you @ Sky Wars.  I’ve been using Rack Type for a while, in this situation it’s becoming tedious as I’m using a lot of different product part numbers that are used in both a straight up and angled.  The show is evolving and product use cases change so I’m going thru iterations of addressing and racking (mostly to make sure I don’t hose myself with needed vs. available gear, I tend to over-kill some times and this process saves me from mad scramble borrowing)  forcing me to go back and re-assign rack types to a lot of product. 

If this isn’t available, it would be a nice “feature request” to have racking blueprints at some point or I’m just a a weird corner case and no one else would use this! 🙂