Snap to time, markers, and/or set time for event …

Home English Snap to time, markers, and/or set time for event …

George Tasick 2022-10-24 21:48:43
2 voices
1 reply
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hey,

Is there any way to set your event time and or effect time to snap to the time markings on the timeline?

Is there way to set markers on the timeline that effects will snap to?

Also, when I use the “set time” function … it seems to set the effect time. Is there any way to set the event time instead?

Thanks!

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hey,

Is there any way to set your event time and or effect time to snap to the time markings on the timeline?

Try ‘Show > Show settings > Set timeline snap-to resolution…’ This currently only applies to Effect Time, not Event time.

Is there way to set markers on the timeline that effects will snap to?

There are two kinds of “markers” that can be added to the timeline, 1) Empty Cues, and 2) Camera Key frames. Effects won’t snap to key frames, but they will snap to Empty Cues. Add an empty cue by going to ‘Script > Insert empty cue’ or tapping the ‘i’ key on your keyboard.

Also, when I use the “set time” function … it seems to set the effect time. Is there any way to set the event time instead?

Not at the moment. But I like the idea of adding an option to the ‘Set Time’ dialog to allow you set time based on the Event Time instead of the Effect Time. I’ll add this to the feature request list.

Thanks!