Waterfalls/Cascades

Home English Waterfalls/Cascades

Pyro_112610000 2023-09-02 02:10:27
3 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Is there a way to create a suspended waterfall simulation? The sim for ’76’s product SE441A just looks like a standard gerb. Thanks!

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Pyro_112610000, you may be able to get the look you want by elevating the firing position and angling the effect straight down. If you already gave that a try, let me know and we can look into improving the simulation itself.

Pyro_112610000
    Newcomer
    Hi Drew,

I’ve tried to create the effect a few different ways but it hasn’t gone well. I can get the correct visual look of the single lance, but I have to create a position for each individual lance. There are 12 lances per piece (10 feet). I will have a 120′ span, so I’d rather not have to create 144 positions. I’m hoping there is an easier way,

Ideally, I’d like to create one position that spans the 120′ and be able to place my 10′ chains (12 lances) in a row end to end. I’ll be firing each 10′ section with its own cue.

Here is a link to the product I’m using.  https://www.76proline.com/product/SE442-12s-Silver-Waterfall-Chain-we

Thanks for the help!

NEC
    Newcomer

Does this work for you ?

Positions–>Add Multiple Positions –> 120

Right click on any position while all highlighted –> Rename –WF-01 to rename sequentially

Right click on any position while all highlighted –> Edit Position Properties
    Set diameter to .1M
    Set P (pitch) to 180
    Set Y (up) to 3-5 depending on how high you’ll have the WF suspended
    With all positions still selected Positions -> Arrange into pattern –> Into a line –> 120ft
    Go to effect window –> Spirit of 76 –> SE406 for 30s Silver Gerb and insert

Group all effects on timeline for readability with ‘G’ key for visibility purposes

Took about 3-4 minutes to do.

Additionally, if you’re using pro you could create sections consisting of 12 positions (EX WF1-WF10 for section names), create an addressing blueprint that only restricts to section with a max ematch per pin of 12, assign that blueprint to all of the waterfall positions and, when you address, you would only use one cue per “chain” (it would technically use 12 ematch per chain. This would use minimal modules/rails.

If you were going to use more modules spread out, change the number of positions per section to a higher number evenly divisible by 12. ex: 5 sections with 24 positions would use 5 modules, 2 cues per. 2 sections with 36 and one with 48 would use 3 modules etc. etc.