Color Changing Gerb

Home English Color Changing Gerb

Curtis B 2023-10-02 23:33:45
3 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    I am creating a database of my effects and want to get everything into the database that I can.

The item I want to create is a Gerb that last for 40.00 seconds, starts as a gold gerb and at about the 20.00 second mark, changes to a silver gerb. I think the gerbs are like 30mm and would need a 0.2 pft for sure to get the sparks rolling.

I’ve tried using a single VDL, and I’ve tried creating 2 gerbs, overlapping them, and turning them into a “cake” but that doesn’t seem to work either.

NEC
    Newcomer
    Does this get you part of the way there ?

30mm 20.41s 0.20 PFT 2 Shot Cake (a) 3.0 HTM 20.0 DUR Gold Gerb + (b) 3.0 HTM 20.0 DUR Silver Gerb, 1 Row (ab/STR)

Curtis B
    Newcomer
    I did try the “make into a cake effect” like you did, but that doesn’t really work.

NEC
    Newcomer
    OK, try this — made in effect editor, you could tweak it from there

{2KLUv/WANAG0EAGJIGxxwtW0DqrzJ1acmJPvfbjughmDgIma/leNR9T9fiIh8DrZks6YpY8DRQ4/ebP5ACZpa+DbVDIglgCPiWgLEJqOW3L7zKRKnwtw3m+/LOGxKjlRLjljTNrmCsCbVfa1jvJvC94RCyhSB80aSaroKAFoML+3YGtrG5h0jUMIFG1kqhPQ09UENqat8AQ==}

DrewFinale
    Silver

OK, try this — made in effect editor, you could tweak it from there

{2KLUv/WANAG0EAGJIGxxwtW0DqrzJ1acmJPvfbjughmDgIma/leNR9T9fiIh8DrZks6YpY8DRQ4/ebP5ACZpa+DbVDIglgCPiWgLEJqOW3L7zKRKnwtw3m+/LOGxKjlRLjljTNrmCsCbVfa1jvJvC94RCyhSB80aSaroKAFoML+3YGtrG5h0jUMIFG1kqhPQ09UENqat8AQ==}

NEC, nicely done!

Curtis B, to use this custom sim in Finale 3D, copy the text including the curly braces { } at each end, then go to ‘Effects > Create effect’ and paste in the text by pressing Ctrl+V on your keyboard.

Curtis B
    Newcomer
    Awesome, thanks!