Copying Script to a new show

Home English Copying Script to a new show

EhrlichFire 2022-06-07 03:16:20
3 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    I have two shows on July 4th and I am building duplicate shows, but the field setup is different. These are pyro-musical shows with the same song lineup. I would like to copy the script with the firing timing of effects from Show 1 to Show 2. I know I can copy individual or a group of effects. But when I paste them into the new show, the times do not copy and the shells are not in sync with the music.

I also tried to copy the rows from the Script window from Show 1 to Show 2 but I cannot paste them into the Show 2 Script window. If the Script window performs like Excel, why can I not paste from one script to another?

Copying the effects and firing times from one show to another would save me so much time.

Thanks

EhrlichFire

Wellington, CO

Dirk Enders – PyroOffice
    Charcoal
    You should be able to copy paste from one script to an other without any problems. What is the error here ? Do you not see the copied events ? Maybe the reason for this is an active filter on the script menu.

I would uses saveas to save show 1 as show 2. then i would create the different positions and move the events to the new positions and delete the old ones.

Dirk

EhrlichFire
    Newcomer
    Hi Dirk,

I am not sure why I cannot paste from Script 1 to Script 2. When I right click on Script 2, I do not get a drop-down with any options, i.e. “Paste”

However, doing a “Save As”, saving Show 1 as Show 2 and moving the positions, could be a viable solution.

Thanks

Bryan “EhrlichFire”

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi EhrlichFire, you can absolutely copy from one show to another. This forum topic may help: https://finale3d.com/groups/english/forum/topic/combining-shows/

The copy/paste functionality is designed to be very robust, here’s a technical article from our documentation: https://finale3d.com/documentation/copy-paste/