CSV import problem

Home English CSV import problem

Ulf Werner 2022-01-01 09:30:25
2 voices
1 reply
  • Author
    Newcomer
    I created a CSV file from a internal system and imported this one with “merge into exisiting show” >> “Do it yourself CSV”.
    What i observed is that the fields “scriptNotes2”, “custom numeric field” and “scriptNotes3” will not considered by the import function. Maybe some other cause my file doesnt include all F3d columns.
    I also tried it with headers like “Notes 2” or “scriptnotes2” or similar without any succes.
    Can you tell me where is my fault?

Will
    Newcomer
    Hello FOG!  You found a bug, which I’ve just fixed, but I also have a workaround for you that you may find generally useful.  Are you aware that you can copy/paste from Excel into any of the table windows?  If you want to copy/paste rows, or even a whole show, then your Excel sheet should have a single header row with the column names matching the localized or internal column names of the Finale table window you are pasting into.  Just select the header row and as many additional rows as you want in Excel, control-C, then bring up the Finale window, and control-V to paste.

While the scriptNotes2 and scriptNotes3 weren’t yet incorporated into the show import function, they do import just fine with this copy/paste method.

Aside from this workaround, I’ve fixed the bug you reports, and noticed a few additional missing columns which I’ve also added.  The fix will come out in the next beta release in about a week and a half.