Setting opening times on Explo X2-Wave Flamer

Home English Setting opening times on Explo X2-Wave Flamer

PyroTeo 2024-04-12 14:07:48
4 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hi all,

I use Explo firing system with their X2-Wave Flamer.

When scripting with Explo software I use the “Group” or “Effect duration” columns to change the duration of single flame shot (or preset sequences).

Is there a way to do the same with Finale 3d?

Thank you,

Best Regards

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi PyroTeo, I didn’t know this was possible using the Explo firing system. We’ll look into it and follow up soon.

PyroTeo
    Newcomer
    Thank you so much DrewFinale, you can also download “Explo X2 Autoshow” tool (from https://www.explo.at/en/software/pc-ansteuerung/x2-autoshow.html) adding a new line (e.g. BOX 1 CH 8), then right click on “Option” cell and set device as “Liquid” (this means X2-Wave) and trying to set a group value you can see opening times changing. This is also for macros (e.g. CH31).

Will
    Newcomer
    Hello Pyroteo,

I remember the Explo firing system having this capability, but if I remember correctly there was some problem with it. I can’t remember if the problem was just a difficulty or a show stopper. The conclusion I had reached at the time was that the group/duration information was not represented in the SHW file and therefore external software like Finale had no way to export it. That conclusion may have been incorrect, or the situation may have changed since then. That was a long time ago.

1) Look at the definition of the SHW file in https://finale3d.com/documentation/explo-script-file-format/

2) Try exporting a test file from Finale and then modifying the SHW file by hand with a text editor to achieve the duration specifications that you want, and test to make sure the modified SHW file achieves the result you want with the actual fixture.

3) If you are successful with (2), then it is likely we could provide a way to control and export the information you entered manually from Finale, within the app.

Will

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    Hey guys,

will and i talked about it long time ago.

It works just with the right duration which you assigned to the effect in your F3d library.

In the moment where you import a shw file into autoshow creator of explo and setting up the “box nr”(rail) as a wave flame, the software recognize the imported duration and assign the small letter into the ignition group column automatically.

Will

maybe we could talk to explo to use the hazard column for it. As the ignition group column where explo write this small letter to recognize the right duration for the flame output is for the normal receivers that what you mean normally with the hazard column. We are able do use this to deactivate lines by the small letter which we assigned to them. Explo allows only values from a-z in this column. As in F3d there is no limitation for this column we could make a warning dialog for the “export firing system script file” dialog where the user will get a warning if there is a value which isnt “a-z” before the export starts.

If you agree i will try to force explo to implement recognizing this column during importing shw file into the autoshow creator software.

KR

PyroTeo
    Newcomer
    Hi Will, as described by Ulf Werner it is more easier than expected as is enough to only get a different effect duration on the output file. I can confirm this works.

Thank you Ulf Werner, so according to your suggestion I need to copy the effect to my library many times (for each duration) and just modify effect duration to get things working?