Effect editor

Home English Effect editor

NEC 2023-11-13 22:38:35
3 voices
4 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    So, I’ve been playing with the effect editor for a while now and have managed to get some effects built, tweaked things etc.  However, I’d love to find some sort of a ‘reference guide’ so I can get proficient.  I’ve seen plenty of amazing effects created but I’m having a hard time getting past the basics.  Is there something I’ve not found yet (hidden URLs?) or is there something in the works/available I’ve not found ?  If not, I’d really like to see something, even if it was a pay-to-watch tutorial series.

YukiN
    Newcomer

So, I’ve been playing with the effect editor for a while now and have managed to get some effects built, tweaked things etc. However, I’d love to find some sort of a ‘reference guide’ so I can get proficient. I’ve seen plenty of amazing effects created but I’m having a hard time getting past the basics. Is there something I’ve not found yet (hidden URLs?) or is there something in the works/available I’ve not found ? If not, I’d really like to see something, even if it was a pay-to-watch tutorial series.

Have you checked this place?     https://finale3d.com/documentation/vdl-effect-glossary/

DrewFinale
    Silver

So, I’ve been playing with the effect editor for a while now and have managed to get some effects built, tweaked things etc. However, I’d love to find some sort of a ‘reference guide’ so I can get proficient. I’ve seen plenty of amazing effects created but I’m having a hard time getting past the basics. Is there something I’ve not found yet (hidden URLs?) or is there something in the works/available I’ve not found ? If not, I’d really like to see something, even if it was a pay-to-watch tutorial series.

You’re not missing anything. The effect editor has been under rapid development and has only existed as you see it today for a relatively short time. We’ve been putting all of our efforts into the features and haven’t quite gotten to writing documentation or creating tutorial videos. Now that the feature set has started to solidify and mature and the pace of development has slowed, we should be able to turn our attention to support content and tutorials fairly soon. In the meantime, if you’re having trouble in a specific area, or trying to create a specific effect, post it here and I’ll give you some tips.

DrewFinale
    Silver

Have you checked this place?     https://finale3d.com/documentation/vdl-effect-glossary/

Hey YukiN, thanks for replying to this topic. There are two different ways to edit an effect. The first way to right click and select ‘Edit this item (VDL)’. The second way to right click and select ‘Edit in effect editor’. When editing VDL, the glossary of VDL terms is very useful. When editing an effect using the ‘effect editor’, changes are made by directly modifying the structure and values of the various parameters. I think what NEC is looking for is help with the effect editor.

YukiN
    Newcomer
    thank you.
    It seems your point is correct.
    We’re also looking forward to the release of the Effects Editor tutorial. I also think that adding various sample effects to the “standard effects” is a very effective method.
    Please consider this positively.