Monitoring available quanity levels from show to show

Home English Monitoring available quanity levels from show to show

EhrlichFire 2022-06-01 02:17:38
2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Newcomer
    While I was at CobraCon I talked with a rep at the Finale booth who quickly showed me how I could see how many an item I had available from show to show.

For example, I am starting with 72 Dark Salutes in “My Effects”. In “$how 1” I use 22 salutes. I am ready to move on to “Show 2”. The “Available” column still shows 72 salutes available.  I am looking for a quantity column that shows I have 50 Dark Salutes available for “Show 2”. Which Quantity value would do that?

It would also be great if the Available quantity counted down as we used effects.

I tried this in “Per Show Effects” too. In the Per Show Effects, you have to enter how many of any one effect you have for that show and then just watch as you add to not exceed that amount. But doing that is like rebuilding your inventory for every show.

Is there an easier way to do this in Hobbyist?

Bryan E

Wellington, CO

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Bryan, the short answer is YES! You can see your available inventory quantities count down as you design by unhiding the ‘Remaining Available’ column in the effects window. Then, when you’re done designing your show, you can go to the Effects menu and select ‘Subtract used quantities from available…’ to remove the items in your show from the available inventory. Here’s a video tutorial:

EhrlichFire
    Newcomer
    NEVERMIND… I found my misstake.

Hello DrewFinale,

I used the copy process you helped me with, but when looking at the Effects Window, the Remaining Available column does not reflect the effects that have been used in both shows. The remaining inventory starts with the same level as it did in Show 1. I understood if had 100 salutes and used 10 in Show 1, when I went to Show 2, it would list that 90 salutes are available. It still says 100 are available. Am I doing something wrong?

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi EhrlichFire, the ‘Available’ quantities will only change if you a) manually adjust them, or b) do ‘Effects > Subtract used quantities from available…’