Nov 2023 Cakes Contest // Official Topic & FAQ

Home English Nov 2023 Cakes Contest // Official Topic & FAQ

DrewFinale 2023-11-01 17:44:22
12 voices
46 replies
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Thanks Drew. I realize most of your users may not be extensively using consumer cakes but as a backyard hobbyist I’m excited for a broader catalog of sims to help plan my shows.

For now I’ll play around building some of the key effects and when I get something close I’ll post the VDL in the forum for peer review, suggestions, and in case it helps anyone else save some time.

Pyro_7100000
    Newcomer
    Are all the videos that have just been uploaded to Youtube the winning cakes?

DrewFinale
    Silver

Are all the videos that have just been uploaded to Youtube the winning cakes?

Not quite! The simulations are compilations of the best VDL descriptions submitted by the winning contestants with refinements made by the Finale team. Soon, we will publish a page with a break down of the VDL for each cake. Stay tuned!

Pyro_7100000
    Newcomer
    Thanks for confirming. I look forward to seeing the VDL’s. It’s a bit disappointing if those videos are the most accurate to the original video, for example the first row of taste the rainbow isn’t even in the right order.

DrewFinale
    Silver

Thanks for confirming. I look forward to seeing the VDL’s. It’s a bit disappointing if those videos are the most accurate to the original video, for example the first row of taste the rainbow isn’t even in the right order.

Nice catch on Taste The Rainbow, I’ll get that fixed up right away. Anything else?

Walker Pyrotechnics
    Charcoal
    Has there been any updates on this? Will we be seeing new consumer cakes in our catalogs soon?

DrewFinale
    Silver

Has there been any updates on this? Will we be seeing new consumer cakes in our catalogs soon?

Yes, we recently published simulations hundreds of new Racoon and Wizard items. At this moment we are working on Fire Factory and Great Grizzly. Next we plan to make major improvements to the Spirit of 76 and Dominator catalogs.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)