Music questions

Home English Music questions

joelinvan 2022-11-23 23:28:34
2 voices
1 reply
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Two questions about sound and music:

1. I have a single-track, 15-minute-long piece of music. Is there a way for me to break that into sections that I can jump to?

2. When I import the song into Finale, does it stay as a stereo track, or does it get mixed down to mono? Similarly, when I export a video is the audio in mono or stereo?

DrewFinale
    Charcoal

Two questions about sound and music:

1. I have a single-track, 15-minute-long piece of music. Is there a way for me to break that into sections that I can jump to?

You can use the editing features in Finale 3D to break a soundtrack apart, but this won’t help you jump from one point in the soundtrack to another. We don’t really have a feature at the moment for adding waypoints or bookmarks to a soundtrack. A decent workaround would be to add camera keyframes from the Camera menu and then select rows in the Camera window to jump from one keyframe to another. For reference, camera keyframes as primary meant for creating camera animation during playback, but you can disable camera motion from the Camera menu. Here’s a documentation article on camera animation: https://finale3d.com/documentation/camera-animation/

2. When I import the song into Finale, does it stay as a stereo track, or does it get mixed down to mono? Similarly, when I export a video is the audio in mono or stereo?

No mono mixdown at any point. Stereo at import; stereo in exported videos.