Official PyroJam 2024 Discussion Topic

Home English Official PyroJam 2024 Discussion Topic

DrewFinale 2024-01-16 02:01:01
24 voices
131 replies
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Silver

Hi Engineer Cat, thanks for the heads up. We just fixed the 35mm Dominator meteor comets. Select ‘Sync with network’ from the blue drop-down list in the Effects window or go to ‘File > Sync with network’ to download the latest version of the catalog. If you already have these items in your show, you can refresh the show (after syncing) by going to ‘Effects > Update per-show effects’.

DrewFinale
    Silver

I appreciate everyone posting here. I learned quite a bit about the tool just by reading. Thank you. Now that I have my show about the way I want it I was double checking some things. I am wondering if there a way to snap the show design to the template as a way to catch any inadvertent position or pan angle change?

Great question. The sort, search and filter functionality in the Script window is the best way to audit your show.

Adding filters
    By default, there are only two filters in the script window, “Size” and “Position”. To add more filters, click the blue gear then go to ‘Add or remove filter’. An example of an incredibly useful filter for checking a PyroJam show is “Subtype”. This is because Subtype is used define which effects go in each row of positions. When you filter your script, the events on the timeline and the simulations in the Design window are also filtered. Looking at a show filtered to a specific set of positions, or sizes, or subtypes makes it much easier to find a mistake versus trying to look at everything at once.

Adding columns
    A significant number of columns that are available in the Script window are hidden by default. For any number of reasons, you may find it useful to unhide columns. To unhide columns, click the blue gear and then go to ‘Hide or unhide column’. One reason you may want to unhide a given column is to sort your script by the data in that column. For example, if you want to sort your script by “Subtype”, unhide the Subtype column then click on the Subtype column header to sort the script. You can even do a multi-column sort. For example, suppose you wanted to sort your script by Position then Subtype. To do this, just click on the Position column header, then hold Shift on your keyboard and click on the Subtype column header.

Highlighting
    Another useful trick is to select items in the Script window to see their trajectories in the Design window. Combined with the filter functionality, this makes it very easy to identify items being fired from the wrong positions. For example, suppose you used the Subtype filter in the Script window to filter to all kinds of shells. Next, if you press Ctrl+A to select all and then look at the Design window, you will see the trajectory for every shell highlighted in white. If all the trajectories originate from a shell position, then you’re all set. But if you see the trajectory dots for a shell coming from position that’s not meant for shells, then you know you have something to fix.

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    Sorry to bug you again Drew. Noticed this in the script. What are the blank spaces?

Dirk Enders – PyroOffice
    Charcoal
    Hi,

these are empty cues insertet with the i key or space key (depending on your settings).

Regards

Dirk

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Engineer Cat, Dirk Enders – PyroOffice is exactly right. The blank event rows in your script appear to be empty cues. But since you didn’t recognize them as empty cues, is there something that makes you think they are not empty cues?

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    Gotcha,I recognized them as empty cues that I didn’t add on purpose, so not sure how they got there. But easy enough to remove. Thanks.

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    This happened last night. All of a sudden it’s showing all my effects that are angled with a tit property that duplicates the angle. I noticed it when I panned round with the camera and saw all my effects were suddenly on tilt. How do we resolve this?

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    I narrowed the down the point at which it happened which was when tried to angle PC131 20 degrees. After that I noticed every single effect in the entire show was tilted.

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi Engineer Cat, I don’t see anything unusual in your screenshots. In Finale 3D, “Tilt” is the angle from the vertical axis. If you’re firing an item at any angle other than straight up, a “Tilt” angle is employed. The Tilt column in Script window is the editable field that’s most frequently used to angle effects. The “Angles” column is a read-only field that lists the angle value along with the degree symbol and a forward or backward slash to indicate the angle direction. To learn more about the angle convention in Finale 3D, check out the Mastering Angles – Pan, Tilt & Spin tutorial video.

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer
    Hi Drew and Tim, I added JY5-0276 to my show and it looks like the actual break in the simulation happens about 300 ms later than what is shown on the timeline. Is the timeline correct or is the simulation correct? In the picture, the break happens at 5.000 seconds on the timeline but the control head is at 5.310 when the break actually begins.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hi Drew and Tim, I added JY5-0276 to my show and it looks like the actual break in the simulation happens about 300 ms later than what is shown on the timeline. Is the timeline correct or is the simulation correct? In the picture, the break happens at 5.000 seconds on the timeline but the control head is at 5.310 when the break actually begins. Thanks, Tim

Thanks for the heads up Sky Fire Forge, this has been fixed. Select ‘Sync with network’ from the blue drop-down list in the Effects window or go to ‘File > Sync with network’ to download the latest version of the catalog. If you already have these items in your show, you can refresh the show (after syncing) by going to ‘Effects > Update per-show effects’.

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer
    Thank Tim!

pyro_france
    Newcomer
    Hello, can we tilt the cakes, to the right or the left?

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hello, can we tilt the cakes, to the right or the left?

Yes, see Drew’s link to video on angling if you have trouble figuring out how to do it properly.

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    Hey guys, noticed that PFS039-B is not displaying like the other flames of the same part number. Shows as Blue Flame Projector instead of Blue Flame Ground Flare in the VDL.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hey guys, noticed that PFS039-is not displaying like the other flames of the same part number. Shows as Blue Flame Projector instead of Blue Flame Ground Flare in the VDL.

I changed it to match the other vdl.  You can re-sync and you will see the updated change.

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    WOW that’s some quick service! Thanks Tim

pyro_france
    Newcomer

I know how to tilt the fireworks to the right or to the left. But can we tilt a cake like the GM698A and do it for real?

Bonjour, peut-on incliner les gâteaux, à droite ou à gauche ?

Oui, consultez le lien de Drew vers la vidéo sur la pêche à la ligne si vous avez du mal à comprendre comment le faire correctement.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

I know how to tilt the fireworks to the right or to the left. But can we tilt a cake like the GM698A and do it for real?

Bonjour, peut-on incliner les gâteaux, à droite ou à gauche ?

Oui, consultez le lien de Drew vers la vidéo sur la pêche à la ligne si vous avez du mal à comprendre comment le faire correctement.

Yes, we have angled cakes before, so it is possible.

pyro_france
    Newcomer
    Can we put the 75mm mines on row F or must we put them with the shells ?

ref : WPL75SS

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 132 total)