Official PyroJam 2024 Discussion Topic

Home English Official PyroJam 2024 Discussion Topic

DrewFinale 2024-01-16 02:01:01
24 voices
131 replies
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hello Pyro Team 🙂

I noticed 2 strange things about cakes

The GM428A is a “36s White Peony (25sec) – 36 shots” but it is a yellow in VDL, is the VDL or the description false ?

The GM429A is a” 36s Blue Peony (25sec) – 36 shots” but is 2s longer than the different colors same cake (I.E GM427A, GM419A, etc), is it normal ?

Thx a lot 🙂

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hey guys, this is more a Drew question. I installed the latest version on a new computer I setup just for pyrojam but decided It will be better on my laptop so I can travel with it. If I install it on my laptop and sign in with my account will it just pull my license from the server or do I have to do something further? Thanks! Gene

Happy to help — Install Finale 3D on your laptop, login, and follow the instructions on screen. You can move a Finale 3D license from one computer to another up to 12 times per year. Reference: Licensing FAQ.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

GM428A

Thanks for the catch on the white peony.  The description is correct, but the color in the sim was incorrect.  I have fixed it so if you “sync” you’ll see it with the proper color now.

The Blue Peony cake does run slightly longer than the others, the sim is accurate.

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer
    Hi Tim and Drew, I’m using the PFX50MN-B and the randomness of the height on it seems excessive. Is the sim correct? The first pic is a screen shot of the sim with randomness turned off. The second is with randomness turned on at the same exact time code. The red mine is WPL30SS-01 for comparison. I’m using build 2023.10.02-5d6e6ec44. The way I’m using it, it doesn’t look good but i wanted to make sure there wasn’t an error in the VDL before I change it.

Thanks,

Tim

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi Tim and Drew, I’m using the PFX50MN-B and the randomness of the height on it seems excessive. Is the sim correct? The first pic is a screen shot of the sim with randomness turned off. The second is with randomness turned on at the same exact time code. The red mine is WPL30SS-01 for comparison. I’m using build 2023.10.02-5d6e6ec44. The way I’m using it, it doesn’t look good but i wanted to make sure there wasn’t an error in the VDL before I change it. Thanks, Tim

Thanks for the screenshots, they illustrate the problem perfectly. You’re totally right, the launch height variance for PFX50MN-B is excessive. I just fixed the problem. To see the change on your end, go to ‘File > Sync with network’. Then, make sure you’re viewing the PyroJam catalog in the effects window then go to ‘Effects > Update per-show effects > Current’. The sync will download the updated catalog, and updating per effects will copy the new effect definition into your show file.

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer
    Thanks Drew, that looks much better now!

Tim

Pyro_1080000
    Newcomer
    Thx a lot for your reactivity Tim 🙂

I’ll do the modifications on my show

Kind Regards

Sven
    Newcomer
    Hello,

again a technical question. In the picture below you can see the waveforms of 2 identical songs. One is downloaded from Amazon on Highest quality and the other from Youtube. As can be seen the peaks from the Youtube downloaded song are alot higher in Finale 3D [purple song] compared to the Amazon Music version.

I did all the editing with legally downloaded Amazon songs and noticed it only afterwards. Could this lower intensity waveform be a problem? Thanks

Pyro_25580000
    Newcomer
    Hello, my question is, can I use copyrighted music downloaded from YouTube for a show in the PyroJam competition?

Tanks!

Stefan.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hello, my question is, can I use copyrighted music downloaded from YouTube for a show in the PyroJam competition? Tanks! Stefan.

Hi Stefan, you may use any music you wish to, we will handle the copyright side of things.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hello, again a technical question. In the picture below you can see the waveforms of 2 identical songs. One is downloaded from Amazon on Highest quality and the other from Youtube. As can be seen the peaks from the Youtube downloaded song are alot higher in Finale 3D [purple song] compared to the Amazon Music version. I did all the editing with legally downloaded Amazon songs and noticed it only afterwards. Could this lower intensity waveform be a problem? Thanks

I don’t believe this is actually something that is “Finale related” and can’t see where it would affect anything.  Did you happen to open both of them in Audacity (or similar audio editing software)?  I’m curious if the same thing shows up there or not.  My guess is the Youtube song was simply encoded with a higher amplitude than the one downloaded from Amazon.

Sven
    Newcomer

Hello, again a technical question. In the picture below you can see the waveforms of 2 identical songs. One is downloaded from Amazon on Highest quality and the other from Youtube. As can be seen the peaks from the Youtube downloaded song are alot higher in Finale 3D [purple song] compared to the Amazon Music version. I did all the editing with legally downloaded Amazon songs and noticed it only afterwards. Could this lower intensity waveform be a problem? Thanks

I don’t believe this is actually something that is “Finale related” and can’t see where it would affect anything. Did you happen to open both of them in Audacity (or similar audio editing software)? I’m curious if the same thing shows up there or not. My guess is the Youtube song was simply encoded with a higher amplitude than the one downloaded from Amazon.

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I opened and compared both waveforms in Audacity and the same problem with the waveforms is present, i.e. the Amazon waveform has a lower amplitude. But if I get your point it doesn’t really matter for the show and I can keep using my Amazon tracks with lower amplitudes?

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

I don’t believe this is actually something that is “Finale related” and can’t see where it would affect anything. Did you happen to open both of them in Audacity (or similar audio editing software)? I’m curious if the same thing shows up there or not. My guess is the Youtube song was simply encoded with a higher amplitude than the one downloaded from Amazon.

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I opened and compared both waveforms in Audacity and the same problem with the waveforms is present, i.e. the Amazon waveform has a lower amplitude. But if I get your point it doesn’t really matter for the show and I can keep using my Amazon tracks with lower amplitudes?

Yes, that’s correct, just carry on with the Amazon tracks.  Good luck with the competition

Dirk Enders – PyroOffice
    Charcoal
    Hi Sven,

if the volume is also different you  are able to adjust that in Finale ! Make a right click on the music line and clci Set Volumen. Now you can adjust the tracks volume form 1 to 10 where 10 is maximum volume). You can do this also for all songs in the song window for all song.

Sven
    Newcomer
    Dirk and Tim, Thank you both for your help.

Sven
    Newcomer
    Seems like I found a solution for my question about amplitudes. I bought the songs from Amazon and it seems to work better. Maybe they decrease the quality if you use a converter to download them. When you buy them all is good.

DrewFinale
    Silver

Seems like I found a solution for my question about amplitudes. I bought the songs from Amazon and it seems to work better. Maybe they decrease the quality if you use a converter to download them. When you buy them all is good.

Hi Sven, amplitude primarily affects perceived loudness, it doesn’t directly correlate to audio quality. Amplitude represents the height of the waveform, which corresponds to the intensity of the sound. Higher amplitude signals represent louder sounds, while lower amplitude signals represent quieter sounds.

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer
    Hi Tim and Drew, I’m using PFX50MN-RS and it seems that all the stars flicker on and off simultaneously when it first launches.  The pics are of PFX50MN-RS (lower left), MN551 (lower right), and JY4-0190 (top shells) and I stepped thru a few sequential time codes with 10 ms spacing. These are with random turned on. Hopefully, the pics make sense. Is the simulation for PFX50MN-RS correct. There also seems to be similar phenomenon for JY3-0184 (not shown). Is the simulation correct?

Thanks,

Tim

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Sky Fire Forge, thanks for the report. I did a quick test and I’m not able to reproduce the issue on my machine. Here’s a screen recording: https://www.loom.com/share/f1216395c4d44d0c821a145462b23c26

The problem may be specific to your show, or it may be specific to your computer. Do the effects work properly if you go to ‘File > New show’ and add just these effects? If the effects don’t work properly in a different show, the problem is most likely specific to your computer. Unfortunately, those are the hardest problems to solve because they are almost impossible to reproduce on our end.

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer
    Drew, thanks for getting back to me. You are right, I don’t see it on your video. I added them to a new show and I get the same issue as I originally had. As long as I know that it is just a “me” problem, I’ll keep it in my show. Could it be a GPU setting issue? BTW, I am running build 2023.10.02-5d6e6ec44.

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 132 total)