Official PyroJam 2024 Discussion Topic

Home English Official PyroJam 2024 Discussion Topic

DrewFinale 2024-01-16 02:01:01
24 voices
131 replies
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Silver

Drew, thanks for getting back to me. You are right, I don’t see it on your video. I added them to a new show and I get the same results. As long as I know that it is just a “me” problem, I’ll keep it in my show. Could it be a GPU setting issue? BTW, I am running build 2023.10.02-5d6e6ec44. Tim

Although not impossible, a GPU setting seems like an unlikely culprit. I tested using the latest beta release. You could give that a try and see if it fixes the issue. You can get it at finale3d.com/download

Neil
    Newcomer
    Sky Fire Forge , DrewFinale , I’ve reproduced the issue. It happens on that full release version but it works as expected with the latest beta release.

I checked the effect with the latest beta version (2024.01.15-f5d87c0dd) and with the questionable full release version (2023.10.02-5d6e6ec44) and the issue is apparent on that full release version. Something is different about the way the strobing pattern is randomized or initialized for the custom effect and it causes all the stars to be dark at the same time multiple times during the beginning of the effect.

Using the latest beta release solves the problem. See the issue here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w3Qm2i-7KzQ0reGCBOnC6NH679zWqN48/view?usp=drive_link

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer
    Thanks Neil and DrewFinale, you are right, updating to the Beta release fixes it.

Tim

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Sky Fire Forge, Neil is spot on. The October 2023 full release had a bug that was fixed in the immediate next beta release. I previously thought the bug only affected the intensity curves of very specific strobing effects, but it’s now apparent that can impact a wider range of effects. Thankfully, it’s already fixed. All you have to is update to any beta release shipped after the October 2023 full release and you should be all set.

Leon Le
    Newcomer
    Hi Drew & Tim, can i create a maxtrix letter shooting effect in the show? because i saw some type of mine in the catalog use for this effect. If i can i have to craete new postition that have 45*, is that allowed? tks so much

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi Drew & Tim, can i create a maxtrix letter shooting effect in the show? because i saw some type of mine in the catalog use for this effect. If i can i have to craete new postition that have 45*, is that allowed? tks so much

Hi Leon, sorry, matrix letter shooting isn’t allowed in this year’s PyroJam competition.

Leon Le
    Newcomer
    Thank you so much for your information

Ricky
    Newcomer
    Hi Drew and Tim.

Quick one for you both and maybe more Drew.

running the sim on finale and creating a video.

the sim plays back in finale with timings spot on but when creating a video and timings are all over the place.
    which one is correct ? I’m thinking the finale sim but having sent mine in and now looking im slightly worried

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hi Drew and Tim. Quick one for you both and maybe more Drew. running the sim on finale and creating a video. the sim plays back in finale with timings spot on but when creating a video and timings are all over the place. which one is correct ? I’m thinking the finale sim but having sent mine in and now looking im slightly worried

Hi Ricky, I can’t begin to guess why the video timing is different than the sim video, but the sims are what are used for judging so I wouldn’t worry as long as the sim is accurate to what you have designed.  Maybe Drew can offer some assistance on the video rendering issue.  Did you try and render another video and compare the two by chance?

Ricky
    Newcomer

It baffled me, everything up to that point was fine. Checked, double checked and triple checked and finale runs the sim spot on. I did run another render and that one seems to be ok.

the panic that set in when I realise was unreal 🤣. Never designed a musical before so this was all new territory for me and rendering.

fingers crossed it all works your end fine.

WP-FX Pyrodesign
    Charcoal
    Hi Drew and Tim, is it possible that the ”JY4-C-04-RC” effect has been removed from the catalog? If it was even in the catalog in the first place haha.

Cause i’ve already submitted my display and this effect had quite a part in it. And if it has been removed, am i able to change it?

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer
    Hi Drew and Tim, is it possible that the ”JY4-C-04-RC” effect has been removed from the catalog? If it was even in the catalog in the first place haha. Cause i’ve already submitted my display and this effect had quite a part in it. And if it has been removed, am i able to change it?

WP-FX Pyrodesign, I just looked and I don’t see it now either. I had used it as well (although I haven’t submitted yet)……

Tim

Matt Loreto
    Charcoal
    This is a question about the product inside The pyrojam supplier catalog. I have a bit of my show designed and was looking back through the show to make sure all requirements are met and that I am not over using product as in using 25 shells when there is only 20 in inventory. As I was looking back over the show some of the product is no longer there is the catalog changing with your inventory or is product put away for the shows themself?
    Thank you~ Matt

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    Hey guys, where is the option to switch between accurate and randomness? I have the same effect at the exact same time on two different positions and they appears to shoot at different times. A little confusing when trying to make everything so accurate. I want keep everything accurate and only look at the real world randomness once completed.

Neil
    Newcomer

Engineer Cat , Go to File -> Render settings (or press Ctrl+Shift+J) to change the render settings for those options.

However, launch times should be reasonably close for effects placed at the same time on the timeline, so if you’re seeing extreme differences, there might be another issue.

Finale 3D Break, Trajectory Drift, and Cake Shot Randomness Settings

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    Thanks Neil. I passed over that setting thinking it was only for when rendering to video. Thanks for the quick reply.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hi Drew and Tim, is it possible that the ”JY4-C-04-RC” effect has been removed from the catalog? If it was even in the catalog in the first place haha. Cause i’ve already submitted my display and this effect had quite a part in it. And if it has been removed, am i able to change it?

Let me check and see what happened, this effect should be in the catalog.  I’ll get it added back if for some reason it is gone.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Let me check and see what happened, this effect should be in the catalog.  I’ll get it added back if for some reason it is gone.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

This is a question about the product inside The pyrojam supplier catalog. I have a bit of my show designed and was looking back through the show to make sure all requirements are met and that I am not over using product as in using 25 shells when there is only 20 in inventory. As I was looking back over the show some of the product is no longer there is the catalog changing with your inventory or is product put away for the shows themself? Thank you~ Matt

Hi Matt, nothing should have changed as far as the catalog.  If you know of something that is missing or seems to have changed, please email me at timj@pyrojamusa.com so I can look into it.  In the meantime, I’m going to go through the whole catalog tonight and make sure something wasn’t changed by accident on our end.  Thanks.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hey guys, where is the option to switch between accurate and randomness? I have the same effect at the exact same time on two different positions and they appears to shoot at different times. A little confusing when trying to make everything so accurate. I want keep everything accurate and only look at the real world randomness once completed.

As Neil said, there shouldn’t be any changes in launch times when real world randomness is turned on.  Can you shoot me an email at timj@pyrojamusa.com and let me know which effect/device you’re running across with this?  Thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 132 total)