Official PyroJam 2024 Discussion Topic

Home English Official PyroJam 2024 Discussion Topic

DrewFinale 2024-01-16 02:01:01
24 voices
131 replies
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Newcomer

Hi Drew and Tim, is it possible that the ”JY4-C-04-RC” effect has been removed from the catalog? If it was even in the catalog in the first place haha. Cause i’ve already submitted my display and this effect had quite a part in it. And if it has been removed, am i able to change it?

Hi Drew and Tim, is it possible that the ”JY4-C-04-RC” effect has been removed from the catalog? If it was even in the catalog in the first place haha. Cause i’ve already submitted my display and this effect had quite a part in it. And if it has been removed, am i able to change it?

WP-FX Pyrodesign, I just looked and I don’t see it now either. I had used it as well (although I haven’t submitted yet)…… Tim

Okay guys, I went into the inventory and somehow the “Choreography” tab had gotten changed to “Non-Choreographed” on this item which caused it to not be visible in the catalog.  I did go through the rest of the inventory and that appears to be the only one it happened to.  Not sure how it happened, but if you sync, you should be able to see this item now.

WP-FX Pyrodesign
    Charcoal
    Thanks a lot for the quick response Tim!

– Darrin

WP-FX Pyrodesign, I just looked and I don’t see it now either. I had used it as well (although I haven’t submitted yet)…… Tim

Okay guys, I went into the inventory and somehow the “Choreography” tab had gotten changed to “Non-Choreographed” on this item which caused it to not be visible in the catalog. I did go through the rest of the inventory and that appears to be the only one it happened to. Not sure how it happened, but if you sync, you should be able to see this item now.

Matt J
    Newcomer
    Just a quick question on duration – I have my music track worked out as 9:56, but the final effect of the show is some long-lasting willows. Do these effects need to have finished under the 10 min mark, or is overhang from spent pyro fine?

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    Hi Tim, the launch time isn’t the issue, I just wanted to be able to see the breaks hit exactly on time when I’m watching playback. I know this wont happen in real life but it just helps me to make sure I’m on time when scripting.

Since I’m here I had a quick question about chains. I know we are not allowed to break them apart or make our own chains, but it doesn’t say we can’t change the chains delay. Obviously, if someone does that, then the chain is technically being broke apart and the delay fused changed. So I just wanted to confirm that this would be a chain modification and should not be done.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Just a quick question on duration – I have my music track worked out as 9:56, but the final effect of the show is some long-lasting willows. Do these effects need to have finished under the 10 min mark, or is overhang from spent pyro fine?

As long as the final “hit” is before the 10 min mark, you are fine.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hi Tim, the launch time isn’t the issue, I just wanted to be able to see the breaks hit exactly on time when I’m watching playback. I know this wont happen in real life but it just helps me to make sure I’m on time when scripting. Since I’m here I had a quick question about chains. I know we are not allowed to break them apart or make our own chains, but it doesn’t say we can’t change the chains delay. Obviously, if someone does that, then the chain is technically being broke apart and the delay fused changed. So I just wanted to confirm that this would be a chain modification and should not be done.

Yes, that would be considered a modification which isn’t allowed either.  The chains in the catalog are built for us in China, so the delays are already built in.

Matt Loreto
    Charcoal
    Hey Tim and Drew,

GM493 – I see in the description it says this cake is 15 seconds but in the duration it is 24 seconds. Are we supposed to go off of the description or the duration?

Thank you!

Matt

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hey Tim and Drew, GM493 – I see in the description it says this cake is 15 seconds but in the duration it is 24 seconds. Are we supposed to go off of the description or the duration? Thank you! Matt

My apologies Matt, the sim of this cake is accurate for the duration.  I’ve corrected the description part of it in the catalog.  As we all know, sometimes the description doesn’t match the actual device that arrives from the factories.  While I spent a lot of time trying to make the sims as best I could, I sometimes missed “updating” the description that the manufacturer sent us in the Description column (the downside of importing data in spreadsheet form haha).  Thanks for pointing this out, if you sync with the network, you’ll see the correction.

Matt Loreto
    Charcoal
    Nope I understand that fully haha! Thank you for the update I just wanted to confirm.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer
    I received a Facebook message about how to go about “angling” cakes and/or slices.  Here is a good video to show how this is accomplished in Finale3D.  It’s a great video which goes over all kinds of angling in Finale3D, but I think I’ve got it stamped to start on the part about angling slices:

https://youtu.be/dSMcu_2By6A?si=PVKZG_QunGwph-3T&t=573

Matt J
    Newcomer
    The first post in this thread mentions a PyroJam behind-the-scenes video (which sounds really interesting, particularly how the merging of this all happens) but the link is broken – has that possibly been moved?

From both a paperwork/sim/script and physical rigging standpoint I’d love to see more content on how this comes together – something we don’t really get to do locally as we don’t see shows of nearly this complexity, especially not multiple of them in one night!

Second question, more general Finale but related to my entry! Is there an easy way to see how many cues are in the current show? I’m using grouping extensively so the count in the Script is wrong, and adding up all the Used values is going to take forever! Obviously that’s not a submission requirement, I’m just very very curious.

ArtiDan
    Charcoal
    Hi Tim and Drew,

2 questions for you :

1) JY3-0000 3in Red Chrysanthemum is priced at $2.92 while all others are at $5.50. Is that correct ?

2) JY5-0326 5in Silver Coconut to Strobe Shells of Shells : video of JY5-0326 by Raccoon Fireworks found on youtube shows a different effect. Description is “Silver Coconut to Strobe Thousand Flower”. I was wondering what will be the real effect when shot at PyroJam ?

Thank you !

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

The first post in this thread mentions a PyroJam behind-the-scenes video (which sounds really interesting, particularly how the merging of this all happens) but the link is broken – has that possibly been moved? From both a paperwork/sim/script and physical rigging standpoint I’d love to see more content on how this comes together – something we don’t really get to do locally as we don’t see shows of nearly this complexity, especially not multiple of them in one night! Second question, more general Finale but related to my entry! Is there an easy way to see how many cues are in the current show? I’m using grouping extensively so the count in the Script is wrong, and adding up all the Used values is going to take forever! Obviously that’s not a submission requirement, I’m just very very curious.

Here is a link to the video. https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/911572639

Ill have to come back to your other question this evening when I get back off the road.  I know there’s a way to quickly check but can’t remember it off the top of my head.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hi Tim and Drew, 2 questions for you : 1) JY3-0000 3in Red Chrysanthemum is priced at $2.92 while all others are at $5.50. Is that correct ? 2) JY5-0326 5in Silver Coconut to Strobe Shells of Shells : video of JY5-0326 by Raccoon Fireworks found on youtube shows a different effect. Description is “Silver Coconut to Strobe Thousand Flower”. I was wondering what will be the real effect when shot at PyroJam ? Thank you !

I will have to check on the 5” when I get back off the road since I can’t see the sim on my phone but I do know the price on that particular 3” is accurate as it is an older shell that came in before all the price jumps

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer
    JY5-0326

Okay, just got a chance to check this, the sim in the PyroJam catalog is the accurate effect for that part number in our catalog.  This is an instance where the manufacturer re-used an already existing part number in THEIR catalog.  And I double checked the price on the 3″ shell in question, the price in the catalog is accurate.

ArtiDan
    Charcoal

JY5-0326

Okay, just got a chance to check this, the sim in the PyroJam catalog is the accurate effect for that part number in our catalog. This is an instance where the manufacturer re-used an already existing part number in THEIR catalog. And I double checked the price on the 3″ shell in question, the price in the catalog is accurate.

Perfect !

Thank you for the infos !

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

….Second question, more general Finale but related to my entry! Is there an easy way to see how many cues are in the current show? I’m using grouping extensively so the count in the Script is wrong, and adding up all the Used values is going to take forever! Obviously that’s not a submission requirement, I’m just very very curious.

Okay, I’m going to have to admit my ignorance as far as an answer to this question, maybe DrewFinale can shed a little light here.  To be perfectly honest, I rarely (if ever) us the grouping when I’m scripting so I’ve never really had to look for a different way.  The one thing that does come to mind is until the show is addressed, you wouldn’t really have an accurate cue count, so I’m not sure how you could see “cue count” prior to that point.  Now, there might be a way to see how many lines of script you have while items are grouped, but again, I don’t know the answer to that one.  Guess it’s been a long day since that was a pretty long winded “I don’t know” haha.  Sorry.

…actually, something just popped into my head.  You could sort your “per show” effects by “used” and then just copy and paste the used column over to an excel sheet and use the autosum command to add up the total number of devices.

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi Matt J and Tim Jameson, happy to jump in. It’s entirely possible to get an accurate count while using the Group feature. The right approach just depends on how you define “cue”:

If you’re thinking of a cue as an event row in the script window, you can simply go to blue gear in the script window and turn off ‘Show one row per group’. This will display each event as a separate line. Then, you can just look at the highest line number in the script to get the cue count.

If you’re thinking of a cue as a circuit on a firing system (i.e., a “Pin”), then you’ll need to address the show to get an accurate number. The total pin count can differ from the number of script rows because you might elect to have multiple e-matches wired to the same pin to conserve modules. For examples, two comets fired simultaneously in a V-shape from a position will be two events in the script window, but they could fired from a single pin on the firing system (based on the addressing options you choose).

pyro_france
    Newcomer
    Hello, I have a question. I would like to use Cake Slice which works from left to right. I would like to know if it is possible to modify the direction so that it shoots from right to left too. (just reverse the position in real)

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hello, I have a question. I would like to use Cake Slice which works from left to right. I would like to know if it is possible to modify the direction so that it shoots from right to left too. (just reverse the position in real)

Yes, absolutely. First, select a cake in the show on the timeline or in the script, then go to  ‘Script > Angles > Rotate cake…’

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 132 total)