PyroJam 2023 (official competition discussion topic)

Home English PyroJam 2023 (official competition discussion topic)

DrewFinale 2023-01-09 02:34:15
20 voices
117 replies
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Silver

Hi Drew, Tim,

All the items below seem to be from the same family. Only the color is different.

The indicated duration of the blue color is 22 seconds compared to 20 seconds for all the others.

When placed in Finale3D, it really lasts 22 seconds.

Is this normal ?

Hey Tim Jameson, you’re the product expert, what do you think?

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer
    ArtiDan Yes, the simulation and description is correct for that item.  The actual duration for the blue cake device is 22 seconds whereas the others all run 20 seconds.  We tried to make the simulations as accurate as possible for everyone.

ArtiDan
    Charcoal
    Great !

Thank you !!

🙂

WP-FX Pyrodesign
    Charcoal
    Hi Drew and Tim,

I was wondering if it is possible to enter Pyrojam with multiple displays?

Cause i wanted to create another display together with my good friend Gabriel.

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi Drew and Tim,

I was wondering if it is possible to enter Pyrojam with multiple displays?

Cause i wanted to create another display together with my good friend Gabriel.

Yes, absolutely! Competitors are welcome to submit more than one design.

Josué Beauregard
    Newcomer
    I watched the finalists videos from last year and it might be complicated for doing this since I think the prices from the products got up this year.

Pyro_100150000
    Newcomer
    So if I am correct – 60mm shells will be fired from singleshot positions, correct? As they do not reach the 2.5″ caliber

DrewFinale
    Silver

So if I am correct – 60mm shells will be fired from singleshot positions, correct? As they do not reach the 2.5″ caliber

Welcome to the Finale 3D forum!

Yes, the 60mm shells can be fired from the “Front” positions (F-01…F-19). Whenever there is doubt, the effect “Subtype” is the best way to tell which position an effect can be fired from. As you can see in the screenshot below, the Subtype for the 60mm shells is “SS Shell”. By referencing the position layout chart on the competition page, you can see that this Subtype can be fired from “Front” row of positions.

P.S. Don’t forget to head over to your My Profile and customize your Display Name and Profile Picture!

Walker Pyrotechnics
    Charcoal
    Quick Clarification: Flame Bursts/air bursts and Gerbs Positions row P or F (1st or second row?) Also, Ground Salutes: I’m assuming they are 2nd row?

DrewFinale
    Silver

Quick Clarification: Flame Bursts/air bursts and Gerbs Positions row P or F (1st or second row?) Also, Ground Salutes: I’m assuming they are 2nd row?

Whenever you have any doubt about which position to use for an effect, just look at the “Subtype” column for the effect in the PyroJam catalog, then refer to the position layout chart on the competition page.

As an example, take a look at the screenshot below – the Subtype for the ground salute is “Ground”, which goes into Row ➋, “Front” (positions F-01…F-19).

nicola fici
    Newcomer
    excuse my doubt, can shells 2.5 to 6 be angled back and forth? If so, what would be the maximum angle allowed?

DrewFinale
    Silver

excuse my doubt, can shells 2.5 to 6 be angled back and forth? If so, what would be the maximum angle allowed?

Hi Nicola, thanks for your question. No, shells may not be angled toward or away from the audience. Shells may only be angled left or right.

Smitchbomb
    Newcomer
    In my excitement of making a show and wanting to get it in I recently noticed I made a few position errors but have already submitted the show…can i resubmit the fixed show?

DrewFinale
    Silver

In my excitement of making a show and wanting to get it in I recently noticed I made a few position errors but have already submitted the show…can i resubmit the fixed show?

Great question – yes, you can resubmit any time up to the March 4th submission deadline. When you revised your show, please add a note like, “(Resubmission)” to the show title so we know the submission is a revision, not a 2nd entry.

nicola fici
    Newcomer

Hi Nicola, thanks for your question. No, shells may not be angled toward or away from the audience. Shells may only be angled left or right.

thanks drew..

nicola fici
    Newcomer
    I’m sorry drew, another question concerning the wheels, do I have to insert a fountain to make it work?

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi nicola fici, you should be able to select a position, click on the wheel effect, and the wheel should be added to your show. If it’s not working for you, please reply with a screenshot or photo of the problem.

nicola fici
    Newcomer
    hi DrewFinale ,I managed to understand why they didn’t work, the only thing is that you don’t see the quantities used.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi nicola fici, the set piece and moving wheel effects are made possible using a “macro”. A macro allows effects to be animated and have a distance offset from the position. The downside is that macros will not show a ‘Used’ quantity. You’re not doing anything wrong; this is just a limitation of the macro functionality. When you use a macro, the price is being added to your show, but you will need to keep track of the quantity manually to make sure you don’t exceed the available quantity.

nicola fici
    Newcomer

Hi nicola fici, the set piece and moving wheel effects are made possible using a “macro”. A macro allows effects to be animated and have a distance offset from the position. The downside is that macros will not show a ‘Used’ quantity. You’re not doing anything wrong; this is just a limitation of the macro functionality. When you use a macro, the price is being added to your show, but you will need to keep track of the quantity manually to make sure you don’t exceed the available quantity.

thanks drew, you were very clear.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 118 total)