PyroJam 2023 (official competition discussion topic)

Home English PyroJam 2023 (official competition discussion topic)

DrewFinale 2023-01-09 02:34:15
20 voices
117 replies
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hello Drew

just wanted to ask you a quick question.

Is it okay to put strobe pots back in the cake area ?

It does not say you can or can’t in the list but since they are small figured their would not be a issue.

DrewFinale
    Silver

Tim Jameson, this one’s all you, what do you say?

Hello Drew

It does not say you can or can’t in the list but since they are small figured their would not be a issue.

CLC
    Newcomer

Tim Jameson, this one’s all you, what do you say?

I am game

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Hello Drew

While I can appreciate the reason for the request, I have to refer to our rules which state “Strobe Pot” are restricted to the “P” positions.  This is probably an oversight on my part and I will note this for our next competition, but for now, we will have to stick to it since there are already some who have submitted their designs and it wouldn’t be fair to change the rules after the fact.  Hope you can understand my position.

CLC
    Newcomer
    Sounds fair to me.

brad
    Newcomer

Completely understand why the rules can’t change for this year, but I put a vote in with Pyro_72050000 for next year’s rules.  It would be great if some of the prox-type flame, strobe, etc. were allowed behind the front row to have the ability to get some depth in the field.

Matt Loreto
    Charcoal
    Just a quick question. I see that the ground salutes are labeled as 3″ in the Pyrojam product inventory, What position would I put these in? Close proximity?

(DISREGARD, I JUST READ THROUGH THE FORUM AND FOUND THE ANSWER.)

Matt Loreto
    Charcoal
    Are there back up fuses on the cakes and if so are you allowed to double match the cake to speed it up?

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Tim Jameson, can you jump in and take this one?

Are there back up fuses on the cakes and if so are you allowed to double match the cake to speed it up?

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

For the purposes of the competition, we cannot allow it since that would require modifying the simulation and according to the rules of the competition this would not be allowed.  We will note this for the future though as it is an excellent question and we will need to find a way to make this allowable while still keeping the intent of our “no modification” rule in tact.

Matt Loreto
    Charcoal

Thank you for your response! I fully understand and stand by the rules!

Pyro_100150000
    Newcomer
    Hey Tim Jameson,

saw that the crossette singleshots actually have a longer prefire time than in the simulation. Can i adjust it?
    prefire time in reality is around 2 to 2.2 pft.

Marius Colita
    Newcomer
    HI!

1. Can a single song be used for the contest if it is both slow and fast and “grave”?
    2.  Can multiple scripts be submitted?
    3.With your software I can combine: cut, paste songs, if so, can you give me a link on YouTube so I can see how?

Thanks

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Welcome to the Finale 3D forum and welcome to PyroJam!

HI!

1. Can a single song be used for the contest if it is both slow and fast and “grave”?

Yes, you can use one song or many songs. There are no requirements for the number of songs, just keep in mind that the total duration of your show must be between 9 and 10 minutes.

2. Can multiple scripts be submitted?

Yes.

3.With your software I can combine: cut, paste songs, if so, can you give me a link on YouTube so I can see how?

Yes, you can create and edit a soundtrack in Finale 3D. Here’s a video tutorial:

For more tutorials and other resources, check out the Finale 3D Help Center.

Marius Colita
    Newcomer
    Thanks a lot for the answers and especially for the video! Now I want to ask:

1. where is the timeline, can it be enlarged, made bigger, wider? Possibly to reduce where the script is visible?

2. How could I see the music again, if I put a lot of products, effects over it (examples in the images below)

Tineline 2

Marius Colita
    Newcomer
    3. Can I edit the music mark before on the timeline where to put/synchronize the effect? Mark the Bit? If the effects are still masking my music?

DrewFinale
    Silver

Thanks a lot for the answers and especially for the video! Now I want to ask:

1. where is the timeline, can it be enlarged, made bigger, wider? Possibly to reduce where the script is visible?

You can zoom in and out on the timeline using your mouse wheel, or the zoom function on your computer’s touchpad. You can also zoom in and out using the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ buttons in the lower right corner of the timeline. Currently, the timeline has a fixed height and can’t be increased. You can hide and unhide items in the simulation and on the timeline using the search box and drop-down filter lists in the Script window. For example, if you search for “blue” in the Script window, the script, simulation and timeline will hide everything that doesn’t include “blue”. Filtering the script can make it easier to work on complex segments of a show.

2. How could I see the music again, if I put a lot of products, effects over it (examples in the images below)

To make the timeline easier to see, you can hide the colorful duration bars by clicking the button that looks like an x-ray/radioactive symbol.

3. Can I edit the music mark before on the timeline where to put/synchronize the effect? Mark the Bit? If the effects are still masking my music?

You can insert an effect anywhere on the timeline regardless of how many other effects are already on the timeline. You can insert an empty cue at any point on the timeline by going to ‘Script > Insert empty cue’, or by playing the show and tapping the ‘i’ key on your keyboard.

Matt Loreto
    Charcoal
    By chance are we allowed to angle cakes, straight cakes and/or strip cakes? Or does that fall under “No modifications rule?”

DrewFinale
    Silver

By chance are we allowed to angle cakes, straight cakes and/or strip cakes? Or does that fall under “No modifications rule?”

Hi Matt, there are no angle restrictions for cakes. In other words, YES, you can angle cakes. A modification (that is not permitted) would be breaking a cake apart in some way so that the timing or firing pattern is altered. If you decide to angle fan cakes or single-row slice (i.e., strip) cakes, be sure to check out the video on mastering angles here: https://finale3d.com/video/mastering-angles-pan-tilt-spin

Matt Loreto
    Charcoal
    Awesome I will watch that now! Thank you for the speedy response!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 118 total)