PyroJam 2023 (official competition discussion topic)

Home English PyroJam 2023 (official competition discussion topic)

DrewFinale 2023-01-09 02:34:15
20 voices
117 replies
Viewing 18 posts - 101 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Silver
    Hi Engineer Cat, there are just too many show submissions to proactively give each competitor feedback. For example, just watching the shows once through last year took about 25 hours! But that doesn’t mean that competitors are stuck wondering why they didn’t get into the finals. We are happy to provide feedback to anyone who reaches out and asks.

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer
    Yea I figured it would be difficult to do that but was just curious. That’s cool you guys are willing to provide feedback if asked.

Thank you for all your help!

Engineer Cat
    Newcomer

I just want to wish all the other pyrotechs that submitted or will be submitting shows GOOD LUCK. Can’t wait to see what everyone scripted.

With Drews info, auditing positions using the filters worked out great. So I just wanted to share the filtering I used to make sure all the effects are in the correct position so none of us have an issue with entries due to effects being in the wrong positions.

This one seemed to be the easiest way (for me at least) to recognized cues out of position. Pick a group of positions and have the size and subtype next to each other. Filter by the best way you like and just quickly scroll down the list. The items that should not be there will pop out at you.

Tim Jameson
    Newcomer

Yea I figured it would be difficult to do that but was just curious. That’s cool you guys are willing to provide feedback if asked.

Thank you for all your help!

Just wanted to address the feedback portion of the competition.  Please direct any requests for feedback directly to me at timj@pyrojamusa.com or timj@ipcdisplays.com as the folks at Finale do not have anything to do with the judging of the shows.  This is done by a group assembled by our company.  I will be happy to share feedback from the judges for those who request it, just don’t want Drew getting bombarded with requests.  He has enough on his plate haha.

Also, please be patient with us as it will take us quite some time to go through all the shows, score them all, etc before I can even think about giving feedback on individual shows.

Marius Colita
    Newcomer
    Hello! Welcome back ! 1. How do we know that the scripts were sent or received by you? 2 . How do we know they are okay? Do you still check them? Can you give us a confirmation, an email?

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hello! Welcome back ! 1. How do we know that the scripts were sent or received by you? 2 . How do we know they are okay? Do you still check them? Can you give us a confirmation, an email?

Hi Marius, this question was answered here: https://finale3d.com/groups/english/forum/topic/pyrojam-2023-official-discussion-topic/page/5/#post-1490557

The only confirmation is the message displayed directly on the competition submission page. We will contact you if we have any trouble with the WeTransfer link or your show file. Given the number of show submissions and the show submission deadline of March 4, 2023, it’s just not possible for us to check each show to provide individual feedback on whether the show meets all the competition requirements. We would hate to see an excellent show be disqualified because of a rules violation, but we have to rely on competitors to take responsibility for ensuring their shows meet the competition requirements. If you show is not in the top three and therefore doesn’t make it to the live competition, you can reach out for feedback as described in this post: https://finale3d.com/groups/english/forum/topic/pyrojam-2023-official-discussion-topic/page/6/#post-1507551

Pyro_51170000
    Newcomer
    Edited because I found the file…..

Pyro_51170000
    Newcomer
    I just received an email from WeTransfer saying “Your files haven’t been downloaded and expire in two days”

Could someone verify that my entry was received correctly?

Thanks

Eric

DrewFinale
    Silver

I just received an email from WeTransfer saying “Your files haven’t been downloaded and expire in two days”

Could someone verify that my entry was received correctly?

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric, we received your competition entry on March 4th and your show has already been successfully downloaded.

Tim Rancourt
    Newcomer
    Hi all, I hope the team reviewing the submissions are enjoy every bit. I had a great time creating my submission.

After, the finalist are select will we be able to view all the shows?

Also, how many submissions where there this year?

My family and I are planning a weekend trip this year to see the finalists. Can’t wait to see everything live.

Tim

CLC
    Newcomer

This person has put together 46 entry’s on you tube so you could at least see those.

Marius Colita
    Newcomer
    Hi

what this means? How is it done, is there any contest with the viewings?

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi

what this means? How is it done, is there any contest with the viewings?

Hi Marius,

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand your question. The panel of judges is in the final stages of reviewing all of the show entries that were submitted. The three finalists will be announced in April. We most likely won’t publish a video of every show that was submitted because there just too many.

Marius Colita
    Newcomer

Hi Marius,

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand your question. The panel of judges is in the final stages of reviewing all of the show entries that were submitted. The three finalists will be announced in April. We most likely won’t publish a video of every show that was submitted because there just too many.

Hi! no no! I did not ask when the decisions are ready! I asked what he meant by those “entries” on YouTube I thought we had to upload the clips to YouTube to be voted by the public  (

CLC  wrote ” This person has put together 46 entry’s on you tube so you could at least see those.”  )

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Marius, you are welcome to upload your show to YouTube, but there is no need for you to do so. The public will not vote on the simulations. The judges will select the three best shows, and those shows will be produced in real life in September at the PyroJam festival. The public audience will vote on the real life shows to determine the winner of the People’s Choice Award.

Hi! no no! I did not ask when the decisions are ready! I asked what he meant by those “entries” on YouTube I thought we had to upload the clips to YouTube to be voted by the public (

CLC wrote ” This person has put together 46 entry’s on you tube so you could at least see those.” )

Marius Colita
    Newcomer

Hi Marius, you are welcome to upload your show to YouTube, but there is no need for you to do so. The public will not vote on the simulations. The judges will select the three best shows, and those shows will be produced in real life in September at the PyroJam festival. The public audience will vote on the real life shows to determine the winner of the People’s Choice Award.

I understand! So the public vote has and will have nothing to do with “likes” on YouTube or other platforms! Then what did the colleague mean with that video and the views? I thought there was another “popularity” section .

Thank you !

AO
    Newcomer

I understand! So the public vote has and will have nothing to do with “likes” on YouTube or other platforms! Then what did the colleague mean with that video and the views? I thought there was another “popularity” section .

Thank you !

I made that play list of the shows I watched on YouTube.  It has no affiliation with the judging.  I updated the title to make that clearer

Viewing 18 posts - 101 through 118 (of 118 total)