Finale 3D Feature Requests

Home English Finale 3D Feature Requests

DrewFinale 2021-12-20 10:00:51
46 voices
113 replies
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Newcomer
    Hi,

there is a way to remap keyboard shortcuts ? many shortcuts use ctrl+1,2,…doen’t work with azerty keyboard, i have to manually go in diffrents menus to make duplicate in chain by example.

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi Tristan, not yet, but we plan to add this capability in the future!

Walker Pyrotechnics
    Charcoal
    I LOVED having the catalog for the Pyro Jam design. Would it be possible to continue to release more pre-made catalog designs. Also, more consumer 1.4 level fireworks. I am currently building my own effects inventory and it is such a time commitment to be building every product I buy. I don’t like the placeholder cakes, even though I know they can be helpful when getting timing cues. My issue with place holders is that if I have a cake with multiple effects, I want to know/see when and where that effect is going to hit with the music.

My other recommendation, and it may be possible but I don’t know how to change the setting yet….. My effects inventory resets for each show I am creating. So if I have 100 of an effect, but I am designing 3 shows, it doesn’t take the “used” across each of my shows. Again, this may be a settings issue that I haven’t figured out!

DrewFinale
    Silver
    Hi PyroWalker, I have good news all around! On the subject of effects, especially consumer cakes, I am hearing you loud and clear. It won’t happen overnight, but expect to see a substantial number of new effects added over time.

As for adjusting your inventory quantities based on a show design, try ‘Effects’ (menu) > ‘Subtract used quantities from available…’

Walker Pyrotechnics
    Charcoal

Hi PyroWalker, I have good news all around! On the subject of effects, especially consumer cakes, I am hearing you loud and clear. It won’t happen overnight, but expect to see a substantial number of new effects added over time.

As for adjusting your inventory quantities based on a show design, try ‘Effects’ (menu) > ‘Subtract used quantities from available…’

Thank you!

FireSteve
    Newcomer
    I will show you my method of making it easier to place fireworks in place for a show after scripting ! I use Sketchup for this, I made and collected some models for this.I could imagine a more sophisticated 3D rack model that could be incorporated into software or a separate software. This is my mini project and they responded positively to the Cobra forum ! 🙂

Attached some picture..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rFq204p-lOeEldcVM5EUBNeZhxwwxa57?usp=sharing

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    Wish to define a default position diameter. most i use a smaller Diameter as 3 meter. So maybe a function to define finds a place in the admin or user settings.

Moises Luis Exposito
    Charcoal
    Hi DrewFinale , the new update how to do in a fan window “aiming in to up “, and the other options? Is it not possible to do this in the new update?

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi Moisesmle, great question! We streamlined and added new options to the ‘Make into fan’ dialog. This makes it possible to make fans that weren’t possible before and it also changed the process for making some firing patterns. To make asymmetrical fans, use fan dialog to make a normal or an inward fan, then drag the trajectory dots in the design window to get the desired final results. Here’s a quick video:

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    conditional formatting of script reports

I need more options for conditional formatting.

For example to format in colors of the chain delays. Our used delay system covers 7 different delays in 7 different colors. When i want to use these colors with the actual given conditional formatting options i need at least 7 options for it.

I suggest that a “Option I” offers a text/script field where pro users are able to script their own formattings with expressions.

Also would be great to have the possibilty there to use the full RGB color spectrum to format things.

So maybe you give us more info of your internal expression and a field to use them to be totaly free in formatting our own script based on various conditions.

KR

Owain White
    Newcomer

Couple of product requests: Daylight smoke mine effects – lots of enquiries for these at the moment and having to animate with standard mines as placeholders. Would also be great to have CO2 Jets in there as an effect. Streamers would also be great to have though appreciate this might be a bit outside of scope.

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    API Interface

Wish to have a API Interface to request and update available items from different external systems. I now its a pro feature but it think a synch Possibility to other system could be important for everyone.

brad
    Newcomer
    Found a small, but aggravating, bug in the interface.  If you close all open shows while your inventory is set to Per Show, when you open another file, all your column show-hide settings will be lost, turning every column back on.  As long as there is inventory still displaying in the list, such as when on the My Effects category, column settings will be retained with all files closed.

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    Cost/Price Budget Target

wish to have a field in the Set Show information dialog where i am able to save my budget target (for costs and total price).

With this Variable we can show the “left over budget” in the design window optionally.

brad
    Newcomer

There were two buttons in Finale Business that were quite helpful, but didn’t seem to make it into 3d.  One increased the height of the script bar to make it easier to view large numbers of simultaneous cues, and the other toggled between “burst and line” and “shell descriptions” in the script bar.

It’s possible the options are still there, and I just haven’t found them, or that they aren’t available in Lite.

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi brad, thanks for the post. The Hobbyist and Pro versions of Finale 3D have a timeline button (represented by the radioactive symbol) that allows you to toggle between three modes: the standard duration bars, effect descriptions, and duration bars hidden altogether. In other words, as you suspected, the feature does exist but it’s not available in the Lite version of Finale 3D. Timeline height adjustment is currently not available in any version of Finale 3D, but we absolutely have it on our development road map. What I can’t say at this moment is when the feature will be released and if it will be included in all three versions.

There were two buttons in Finale Business that were quite helpful, but didn’t seem to make it into 3d. One increased the height of the script bar to make it easier to view large numbers of simultaneous cues, and the other toggled between “burst and line” and “shell descriptions” in the script bar.

It’s possible the options are still there, and I just haven’t found them, or that they aren’t available in Lite.

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    Report concatenate/calculate columns

I wish to have the possibility to configure a free column via the “edit report” dialog which is fillable with functions that are using the information of other columns.

I want to use it for calculation of integer columns or concatenate some string columns into one.

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    Multiline ShowNotes

Wish to have a multiline Textfield under the Show Information Dialog where i am able to collect several notes which coming in during the scripting and planning process.

This note could be for example hints for the preparing team, additional show informations and so on.

Additional a report of the show information then should also be possible.

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    “Select all events using this effect” behavior

the behavior of this function from the effect window should consider SHIFT holding to make multi selections in the show.

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    Set of Reports

When you prepare the new feature which allows to create a set of reports at once you should think about an option to create optionally a table of contents at first.

A report PDF with a big amount of pages becomes confusing.

And when there is automatically a table of contents with jump to page links the report set will very handy and useful also in bigger and complicated sets.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)