Finale 3D Feature Requests

Home English Finale 3D Feature Requests

DrewFinale 2021-12-20 10:00:51
46 voices
113 replies
Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Newcomer
    1、Can you add multiple hosts to the same choreography?

2、Can the description in the label be larger than the font size?

Pyro Tracy
    Newcomer
    I love the additional drawing capabilities recently added to the racks window! The following are three suggestions/requests:

1) The ability to define custom line/fill/text colors for items using a hex code (e.g. matching the colors defined for racks to create a legend or other setup note)

2) The ability to align and distribute multiple drawing items

3) To be able to select all (drawing items and racks) and have everything move together (e.g. the final layout with drawing items needs to be centered on the page)

The added Racks dimensions and other attributes is also very helpful! When choosing colors for the racks the individual mortars are a lighter shade of the same color but it’s sometimes difficult to see the pin number depending on the color for a particular rail/pin. Maybe define rack color and mortar (circle) color? Of course it would also be nice to define the color rotation for rail/pin.

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer
    Hi, not sure this is the right place to put this but here goes….. Is there a keyboard short cut that allows you to quickly add a second effect over top the first? This would keep the positions, timing, and angles of the original effect and just add the second effect. Similar to pressing “Y” but instead, it would keep the original effect. If not could this be added?

Thanks,

Tim

DrewFinale
    Silver

Hi, not sure this is the right place to put this but here goes….. Is there a keyboard short cut that allows you to quickly add a second effect over top the first? This would keep the positions, timing, and angles of the original effect and just add the second effect. Similar to pressing “Y” but instead, it would keep the original effect. If not could this be added?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim, how about Ctrl+C (Copy) > Ctrl+V (Paste) > Y (Replace).

Sky Fire Forge
    Newcomer

Hi Tim, how about Ctrl+C (Copy) > Ctrl+V (Paste) > Y (Replace).

Hi Drew, yeah, that works, but I was hoping for a single key press, like “A” for add.

Tim

Højen & Magic
    Newcomer

I have an idea for a new feature.

Retrigger for cakes.
    I have several times had the perfect cake for a show I’m working on, but where the duration is too long.

We therefore use to light the cake on the spare fuse at a given time, so that it suits with the timing.

But then we also address the spare-fuse-cue that cue manually, and that can be a bit of a hassle.

We have also used an empty product, but then we have problems with the “Order of Assignment” (How the addresses are sorted) when we address the show, and we cannot make a duplicate product because then we have to manually correct in our stock management.

My idea is, if you can right-click on a selected cake in your script, and add a “retrigger/spare fuse” function, where you have the option of choosing a time from 0 (ignition), when the spare fuse is lit, or a “new” duration, where F3D itself calculates when the ignition must take place, so that the duration fits.

If the 3d animation also counters that the cake also starts from the end, it will be enormously cool.
    Then F3D must make an extra cue, which always comes right after the cake’s cue, regardless of sorting preferences when addressing.

PS. It could also be cool with the possibility of igniting a cake backwards in the first place.

PPS.. The same goes for cakeslices. All of ours have the option of fan and C-shape, but we only have one product, and therefore, we write it in a note on the product in script when we design. It works just fine, but a bit of a shame when the customer asks for the 3d animation.

Best Regards,

Benjamin Neis

Pyro_322060000
    Newcomer
    Hello, where can I download a project file to study

Moises Luis Exposito
    Charcoal
    Hello guys, is it possible in the future to add a dark mode option for the interface (Script panel, effects panel ect ) ?

Pyro_323180000
    Newcomer
    hello,can i ask a question?I created the effect of this flower in a project. How can I copy the effect of this flower in other projects?I found that after making this effect into a macro, I can re-insert it into the same project with the same firing point, but when it is inserted into other projects, because there is no same firing point, I cannot use the effect macro.

Pyro_323180000
    Newcomer
    The inserted base map can be freely adjusted in position and size, which can improve the designer’s creative efficiency.

TKFX
    Newcomer
    – An option to view overall rack layout from all positions in one windows instead of going through each position.

– Export script to ShowDirector .scx file for older ShowDirector software.

DrewFinale
    Silver

– An option to view overall rack layout from all positions in one windows instead of going through each position.

– Export script to ShowDirector .scx file for older ShowDirector software.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell us why you need to export to Show Director?

Pyro_282150000
    Newcomer
    I am currently using ShowDirector 7 to program and download and also using the report from there.

Skylit Pyrotechnics
    Newcomer
    Hello Drew, Wiill and finale team,

Firstly thanks for a fantastic presentation on all the new features at the PTC last month. The new 3D google mapping is awesome! – such a great addition to be able to offer a customer. My feature suggestion is regarding the site layout maps and speciffically the safety circles, great that we can manually adjust the circle size but it would be really good if the safety circles reflected the wind speed setting. That way we could make fallout predictions based on different wind strengths. There is a piece of software develped in the UK called “shellcalc” but it would be very useful to have this as part of finale.

I look ofrward to your comments

Thanks

Dan Grimmond

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)