Finale 3D Feature Requests

Home English Finale 3D Feature Requests

DrewFinale 2021-12-20 10:00:51
46 voices
113 replies
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Newcomer
    needs more ways to view effect time, really disliking how FF +ms looks

DrewFinale
    Silver

needs more ways to view effect time, really disliking how FF +ms looks

Hey Pyrorororo, thanks for the feedback. What are you disliking about the Effect Time format? What would you like to see?

For example, if you don’t like seeing the millisecond remainders, you can avoid scripting between frames by going to ‘Show > Show settings > Set timeline snap-to resolution…’. For events that are already in your show between frames, you can nudge them to the nearest frame by going to ‘Script > Align > Align effect times to frame rate…’. Does this help?

Looping in our engineer who’s currently working on timeline/timecode, Will.

Will
    Newcomer
    Hello, I’m the engineer working on effect times.  Did Drew’s suggestion fix what you didn’t like?  If not, could you give a detailed explanation of how you would like it to work?

If you set the timeline “snap-to resolution” with the menu item, “Show > Show settings > Set timeline snap-to resolution” to be the same as the frame rate of the effect time (Show > Show settings > Set effect time format) then the playhead, and the time counter during playback, will generally NOT show the +ms.  They will look nice and clean.  But if the timeline snap-to resolution is different from the effect time format, the time counter during playback WILL show the +ms.

Will

Barehm
    Newcomer
    I’ve got a pretty easy one – can you add the RGB value for Teal to VDL?  I’m shocked how many cannister shells I’m loading into my inventory that use that description.

DrewFinale
    Silver

I’ve got a pretty easy one – can you add the RGB value for Teal to VDL? I’m shocked how many cannister shells I’m loading into my inventory that use that description.

Have you checked out VDL Colors? Are any of the existing colors a good match?

Barehm
    Newcomer

Have you checked out VDL Colors? Are any of the existing colors a good match?

Yes, I have found keeping that color ‘half’ wheel page open is super helpful. Turquoise is at least in the right family, it’s not all that close.

Jonathan S.
    Newcomer

I think it would be handy to be able to grab the divider line between the simulation window and the timeline and stretch it up or down. Sometimes I get multiple items stacked and it’s really hard to see what is what in the time line. To be able to pull up and have the time line as large as I need to fine tune stuff there would be helpful.

The Novice Pyro
    Newcomer
    Please add a “snap effect to playhead” feature. I know you can insert an effect at the playhead location, but you can’t seem to MOVE an effect already on the timeline to the playhead location. I assumed right away this would just happen by default.

Moises Luis Exposito
    Charcoal

Hello, I’m the engineer working on effect times. Did Drew’s suggestion fix what you didn’t like? If not, could you give a detailed explanation of how you would like it to work?

If you set the timeline “snap-to resolution” with the menu item, “Show > Show settings > Set timeline snap-to resolution” to be the same as the frame rate of the effect time (Show > Show settings > Set effect time format) then the playhead, and the time counter during playback, will generally NOT show the +ms. They will look nice and clean. But if the timeline snap-to resolution is different from the effect time format, the time counter during playback WILL show the +ms.

Will

In the new smpte updates will be included the option to see the scritp column “event time” in frames as well as “effect time”. Will you answered me a few months ago that you were evaluating it, I hope it will be possible and a reality.
    Great work with these new smpte updates!

Thank you 🙂

Pyro_7100000
    Newcomer
    Ability to change the angle colours on labels from RED/GREEN to make it easier for colour blind people

FireSteve
    Newcomer

Introducing Daytime Fireworks

Dear Final3D Community

As daytime fireworks and smoke effects are becoming increasingly popular, especially in Europe, I thought it would be a great idea to have such a feature.

Some Key Features:

Creative Customization: Choose from an array of captivating effects, colors, and patterns to design stunning visuals that suit the tone and theme of your event.

Easily integrate Daytime Fireworks into your existing visual projects, ensuring a smooth and effortless workflow.

I have brought along an image that I have edited myself.

TNT Pyro
    Newcomer
    Easier way to split DMX on seperate modules like FireTEK. The export script function ALWAYS puts dmx on first module. Maybe i am doing something wrong.

Dirk Enders – PyroOffice
    Charcoal
    You can specify the staring module number in the position properties.

Pyro_1990000
    Newcomer

How did you get on with getting an API I am building my own software to feed to the market that does all our tracking aswell as all our permits shipping etc and an api into finale would work wonders

NEC
    Newcomer

The ability to use conditional arguments for rack assignment rules.

Example:

“device type” AND “angle=0 degrees” would assign a specific rack and “device type” AND “angle <>0” to an different type rack

Pyro_Cyril
    Newcomer
    hi drew,

set the timeline by enter a position with numbers instead of trying to set the position with the mousse will be appreciate.

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer

How did you get on with getting an API I am building my own software to feed to the market that does all our tracking aswell as all our permits shipping etc and an api into finale would work wonders

Would appreciate it a lot.

Ulf Werner
    Newcomer
    Script -> Time Adjustments -> Shift Times ( Shift + Q)

Would be great if there could a option (Checkbox, include selected songs) which offers us to shift times for selected songs and script lines at once.

Curtis B
    Newcomer
    Here are some suggestions that I’ve come across while working in Finale (Apologies if some have already been named):

– Utilization of “Fullscreen” with Lite so the script bar is removed.

– I’m sure this verbiage will become utilized, but when a shell has “Falling Leaves” in it, make the break either silent or quiet… secondary, add the term “Quiet” or “Silent” to be utilized with Slightly and Very as well as by itself to lessen the noise of a shell.

– Utilize the term “Loud” so you can increase the noise of Salutes without using the effect editor. Slightly and Very would modify this term.

– Ability to “randomize” shell/product launches in Lite; if already a premium feature, that’s fine; I do have a workaround.

– Have the music bar static from the scripting bar; when you start scripting a lot of cues, the scripting bar gets extremely messy and gets hard to see where the “peaks” of audio are to align your cues with.

I believe this is everything I can think of that hasn’t already been mentioned either directly to Drew or via another post…

YukiN
    Newcomer
    Hello
    Using Finale 3D for a long time can cause eye strain.
    Can I change the Scripts and Effects window to dark mode?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)